Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaping maths

Options
  • 19-02-2013 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping to get a Kanga twist this week after trying a friends. I had a search but have some questions I couldn't find answers too.

I assumed as I smoke silk cut ultra which contains 0.1 Mg of Nicotine. If I buy a low 6 Mg liquid that would mean that one drop would be equal to 60 cigarettes. However I have been told this is wrong.

But is their an equivalence chart or a link someone can direct me too. I have also heard you can ''cut'' the liquid with distilled water to lower the Nicotine content.

I would like to make the transition from cigarettes as easy as possible, so I would like to lower the nicotine content so that I would need to take several drags from the vaporiser like you would with a cigarette to get the desired effect.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

There's no real equivalence chart as people vape differently.
    Silk Cut Ultra actually contain the same amount of nicotine as their normal cigs (one of their Blue cigs contains 4-5mg of nic, but only 0.3 gets inhaled, the rest is burned off), it's just that airholes in the filter bring air into the mix which lowers the amount of nicotine inhaled.
    With eliquid, the mg is per ml, not per drop. There are 20-30 drops per ml depending on the nozzle.
    Better to cut the liquid with a 0mg version of the liquid if you find it's too strong, but I doubt you'll have a problem with 6mg - like the Silk Cuts it's on a par with sucking air.

Advertisement