Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

appeal board question.

• 19-02-2013 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭

i find my facing a ban from a sports organisation ,the ban i got was for disobeying an order from the commette(the order was to not attend an event dispite the rule book staying clearly we would attent the event) so by attending the event i was following the rule book. another rule states that anybody going againts the commette will be issued with a ban.

Now i can appeal the ban within 7 days but the appeal board is the commette, so there is no possible way i can have a fair appeal .

what standing do i have...?

any info would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

You should get legal advice most private sporting organisations are covered by the principles of constitutional justice, "Nemo iudex in causa sua" being the most important issue here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

"Nemo iudex in causa sua" or don't decide your own case is what I would be thinking also.

In less legal terms it means that the decider of an appeal can't be the same committee who made the first decision because clearly it's grossly unfair. So unfair in fact that it goes against the principles of natural justice.

Speak to a Solicitor. You are likely entitled to fair procedures, amongst other things that means that you should be allowed representation, to know the case against you and be entitled to a fair appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭mussha

thanks guys. im just going to appeal the case that i will nodoubt loose and then appeal my appeal case to our irish govering body.

Advertisement