Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tights Help

• 19-02-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey guys, I'm having terrible trouble finding decent cheapish pairs of 40/60 denier black tights for work. I used to to find pennies tights great but in the last few months they must've changed the materials in them or something as they've been awful, after one wear the elastic in the waist just gets really baggy and they literally fall off me. I've tried them in small, medium and large and they've all been the same. I've tried their tummy holder in type tights too thinking they'd be tighter but no joy they roll off after walking for a few minutes. Tried dunnes own brand ones again in all sizes but find even the smallest size huuuge and they fall down every few minutes and I end up constantly pulling at them all day :mad:

I'm a 5ft 3ish size 12 so not skinny by a long shot!

Does anyone know where I could get fairly cheap black tights which will actually stay up!! Don't want to spend a fortune cos i'm a klutz and always end up ripping them on something, but at this stage would pay a little more than pennies/dunnes prices if it meant them not constantly falling down!!

/rant :o

help appreciated! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I think M&S tights are fantastic. They so ones with reinforced tummy/thigh panels which are brilliant. I can't remember the price right now, but any pair I've ever bought there has always lasted me ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I agree M&S tights are great. They do cost a bit more but last forever. I wouldn't be the most careful when putting them on and pulling them up and rarely have I laddered them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Another vote for M&S tights here. They're really great and last for ages.... And they don't slip/roll down! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

+1 on M&S. Next tights are great too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

How much are M&S tights?

OP, Tesco tights are great!! I buy packs of 3 x 60D tights for €5 in there, they're much better quality than Penneys (less staticky) and they stay up without having to hoist up the tummy or thighs on them. I don't like to spend too much on tights as I'm very clumsy with them, but find Tesco great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I don't find m&s that great. I'd check some independent shops for stuff on sale. Other option might be belt and stockings.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Loreida

M&S are the best for staying up (falling down tights are the bane of my life!), but they are often around €8 a pair. Dunnes are a cheaper alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

M&S used to do a set of 3 pairs of tights for €14. Sounds pricey but I had those tights for over 2 years with no ladders or anything.

Think they still do them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 kneeler

Hey guys, I'm having terrible trouble finding decent cheapish pairs of 40/60 denier black tights for work. I used to to find pennies tights great but in the last few months they must've changed the materials in them or something as they've been awful, after one wear the elastic in the waist just gets really baggy and they literally fall off me. I've tried them in small, medium and large and they've all been the same. I've tried their tummy holder in type tights too thinking they'd be tighter but no joy they roll off after walking for a few minutes. Tried dunnes own brand ones again in all sizes but find even the smallest size huuuge and they fall down every few minutes and I end up constantly pulling at them all day :mad:

Does anyone know where I could get fairly cheap black tights which will actually stay up!! Don't want to spend a fortune cos i'm a klutz and always end up ripping them on something, but at this stage would pay a little more than pennies/dunnes prices if it meant them not constantly falling down!!

Cany you wear trousers at work?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I got a few great pairs in Dunnes recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Definitely M&S. I used to always buy in Dunnes and Penneys but they constantly ripped, rolled down, went out of shape. The M&S ones stay up, don't rip (I'm a terrible klutz so this is an achievement for me!) and are comfy. I've had the same ones for about 2-3 years, wear them constantly and they're still in great shape. I usually buy the three for €14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭ciaracp

+1 on Dunnes...although I have to say the higher denier in Penneys have always served me well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

Tesco , 3 pairs for € 5 , brill I agree with you about pennys !!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 msjess

i buy mine in dunnes but not their own brand,never had a problem with them

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

+1 for dunnes (but not own brand.)..also m&s are great and last long..penneys also good but not very long lasting..I find they start to 'bauble' in patches after a few weeks..tescos own brand are terrible quality I thought!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Anyone recommend where I can find brown or navy opaque tights? Tried Dunnes and they didn't have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Stheno wrote: »
    Anyone recommend where I can find brown or navy opaque tights? Tried Dunnes and they didn't have them.

Tesco do both colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Try hand washing tight to make them last longer.

Advertisement