Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lease question

Options
  • 19-02-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Hello all, i'm currently renting an apartment have been here since may 11. I recieved a call from landlord to say apt is going up for sale and so my lease will unfortunately not be renewed. I have found the perfect house in perfect spot, but would need to move in in march. I want to have a vague idea before i ring my landlord, can i move out before may or does this constitute a breach of lease? I paid months rent and deposit totalling 1400 before i initially moved in. Would love some advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭lovelyjubbly

Have you signed another lease since May 11? If you have then it's a case of asking the LL to release you early without penalty.

If you haven't signed a new lease it's 42 days notice and then you can leave.

Advertisement