Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid Year Review!

Options
  • 19-02-2013 8:40pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well its my mid-year as after this game week I'm on my bye week :(

Lets start with my position in the AFC South!
    2nd at the moment thanks to an unexpected win over Matthew and only one game behind Mikey but would imagine with his 3 CPU games he'll build up a lead again.

With Danger_D taking a break it should mean the other Dave and his Pats have AFC East won... and I play him in the next game week.

At QB, Locker has not been going and he knows it, if i still had the Hass he would have taken more than a few snaps. However it's not all his fault and on my side i need to use him better and as I found yesterday take the sack, better than forcing a pass which will be picked off.

On the rushing attack... well C2J had a great first few games (bar the Jags) then he went down injured and i was very very worried however former Lion Mikel Leshoure has been outstanding.

C2J 6 TDs, 722 yards, averaging 140 YPG along with 2 reception TDs
    Leshoure 5 TDs, 319 yards

The reason for their success is summed up in 2 words Vonta Leach.
    He has been immense and taking the tacklers that let C2J and Leshoure run it up the gut or sprint to the outside, however he is also a very good catcher and good in short yardage plays

Given the Titans issues with Locker its no surprise the passing game is struggling. Damian Williams has been leading the very mediocre charge with just over 150 yards receiving.
    I would say Cook is the best TE in the AFC South but Fleener is pretty good too:pac: 300 yards and 3 TDs so he's a solid outlet for Locker.

On the D, the DEs are solid but unspectacular, Suh has 6 tackles, 5 TFL's and 3 sacks.
    Colin McCarthy didnt see much game time last year, but this year he's getting a lot of tackles along with 3 ints on the outside Witherspoon and Howard have made a good LB Corps.

In the off season, I may keep Howard and let Witherspoon go as he's getting on and look to pick up a good FA.

2 premier CBs came in in the shape of Cromartie and Finnegan but McCourty has stepped it up with 3 ints and 3 sacks.

Looking forward to the rest of the season with some tough tough games coming up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Colts season was going well until the last 2 games, even though stats say i'm ranked 2nd in passing yards, and 5th in total yards, Luck has thrown way to many Interceptions and i'm struggling to get my WR's involved in plays, Justin Forsett and Fleener have been my best players, and Austin Collie has done well since he rejoined.

Defence is rated in the mid 80's :eek: but it has been a shambles, lost some key players to FA's and could'nt get them back, not doing to bad against the run, its through the air where i'm struggling, especially at CB

I suppose i'm still happy enough to be 4-3 and still in some sort of contention going into 2nd half of the season, and hopefully i can have a similar record at the end of it as i had last season (6-4) but its highly highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Also after this game week, I'm on my horrible bye week.

Have to say really happy how this season is going with only two losses to the hawks and skins.

I lost that game to the Seahawks with a stupid amount of turnovers and am still at the top of interceptions because of it and the only reason i threw that pick in my game against Ben was because of fear. If i beat him again i feared he'd hunt me down and break my thumbs (Game week ban should be in order for Redskins i believe)

My secondary has stepped up big time with huge interceptions which has turned the tides of games as seen in my games against the Redskins and the Giants.

Also learning to throw the ball better has been a huge help and spreading the run with my rookies.

So in general go team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm 6-1 but not happy with my defense at all, it is getting torn apart way too easily at times and I'm going to have to change something before the play offs or I won't be going deep like last year.

Toughest games have been the two with the Eagles, Ian was very unlucky not to win the 2nd one as well but luckily I pulled that out late on and got the win.

This season has all been about RGIII though, the guy just keeps getting better:

143.0 QBR 25 TDs 4 INTs 76% pass completion

Mixing about who is scoring too:

Davis 7 TDs
    Moss 5 TDs
    Garcon 4 TDs
    Pitta 3 TDs
    Briscoe, Morgan 2 TDs
    Roland, Helu JR. 1 TD

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Steelers

A the moment I am on course to achieve my preseason goals:
    etloveslsd wrote: »
    1) Retain the division
    2) Go further in the play offs
    3) Beat one of the "Holy Trinity" (Ben, Berty, Dave) Think I can only play Ben in the Superbowl, so that would be nice.
    4) Generate a better pass rush, I think most of my sacks last year were coverage sacks.
    5) Have a 1,000 yard rusher. I was stopped around 40 shy last year by The Browns and their go for the knees tactics. (If you can't beat him, break him, is what I was told)

1) I am 4-2 and a game behind The Ravens, but we still have to play each other twice. Those games will be huge.
    2) Have to obtain #1 to get this one
    3) Ran Berty close on the opening day lost 31-21 a silly pick early in the second half cost me that one. I cant play Ben until the Superbowl, and Dave has run scared......
    4) I have 26 sacks so far this season, which Im happy with as I think this was close to my season tally all last season. I have reduced James Harrison's work load and it seems to be paying dividends as he has 10 which is close to the top of the leaders list.
    5) I have 702 total yards on the ground. The problem (if you can call it that) is that it's spread among 3 rushers. Norwood leads the trio with 468 yards so a solid second half of the season so see this.

A pleasant surprise has been the play of my secondary. Jenkins who arrived in a trade from the Cowboys and rookie Terrance May have added alot with their coverage and ball hawking skills.

Mike Wallace is living up to his contract with 824 yards and looks certain for another 1,000 yard season. His PIC Anto Brown is on 466 and could also crack the 1,000 barrier.

Big Ben has been up and down, or rather I have with some of my decisions. I have thrown 12 pick, which isn't a terrible number in 7 games. But 7 of them came in the opening 2 weeks including a 5 pick nightmare against he Seahawks in week 2. I wanted Ben to be MVP this year and my early mistakes may have cost him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

I am not thinking about anything else or patting myself on the back until after next week's game against Matthew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Pretty happy with my season so far. I sat out 2 games, both of which were losses but hopefully I can get back into the divisional race. Playing well at the moment so hopefully the bit of form will stick around!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jaguars:

Overall:
    Happy. Despite not playing my best Madden, I find myself at 5-1 facing 3 CPU games which are almost certain wins. Top of my division, and confident of staying there, although wary of a tough run in.

Highlights:
    -Maurice Jones-Drew: Still killin' it.
    -Tim Tebow: I've figured out how to use him now. The 4th quarter against Berty aside, I'm making good plays with him. The Steelers can back this up, first-time against them he was 15/15 with 0 Ints and 2 TD's before the de-sync.
    -Derek Cox: Still up near the top of the league leaders for picks, still having the ball thrown at him.
    -Albert Haynesworth: Doing a very good job on the D-Line.

Lowlights:
    -4th quarter vs Berty. I played like I did on Madden 12.
    -Jeremy Mincey: Coming off a record breaking year in terms of sacks, he has not kicked on.
    -Continuing to reglect FB Greg Jones. I have an absolute tank that I under-use.
    -Not running with Tebow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Broncos:

Overall:
    If you asked me at the start of the season what would the best case scenario at this stage I would probably would have said to be 5-3 which is what I am so happy enough.

Positives:
    -Managing to pull out a win versus the Jets in week 3 which seemed to kickstart my season.
    -Since the Jets game I don't think my defence has conceded a touchdown in the 2nd half of any game(2nd half team anyone?)
    -Very happy with defence
    -The emergence of woodyard in the LB position and also players who have low ratings on team(like all below 80) all playing really well

Negatives:
    -Getting absolutely destroyed by Berty in week 2(although it probably was a good thing in hindsight as I had to go an rethink everything)
    -Throwing really bad passes(I think I've come to the realisation here that I'm gonna throw them no matter what so just limit them)
    -Offensively still a bit iffy
    -Still using ask madden alot on play calling(but I do like the unpredictability it gives)
    -Fumbles...happens alot,need to tuck ball more

Really rough fixture list coming up,after the bye its the Titans,Pats and Chargers,big big games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Raiders!

Well I joined in or around this last season and took over the raiders who, as I was told by pudsy, we're predominantly whipping boys. My presence didnt change that but I've felt this season, I've done better than I hoped!

I'm currently 5-2 with my bye week already done. My first game was against broncos and winning there was massive! Lost out to packers then Berty taught me a few things but have come back and hoping to reach the target of a winning season!

The draft didnt really do anything for me, picking up a standard rookie QB and a LOLB! However, I did get Hester, Clayton, Ginn and others all on free agents and that has made a big impact on the team!

I've big games coming up next with colts, lions and then Perrin and Berty soon after so real test for the team in next month :P

Negatives: throwing more picks than I can count! Not a single game yet without them

Advertisement