Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbeth essay planning

• 19-02-2013 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Hey, can anyone suggest a format for planning Macbeth essays? I am having a hard time deciding how to structure the answers. Should I do it based on a character per paragraph? or should it be an event per paragraph or in chronological order?
    Say for Appearance and Reality how would you go about structuring this answer?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭En

It really depends on the question as recently the questions have become more specific and straying outside of the essay title can lead to mark deductions in the purpose section. I doubt they would ask you to simply discuss the theme of appearance and reality without any sort of secondary element to the question i.e who employed it best or where you saw it or your opinion on the witches or whatever

My best advice is to break up the question into it's core elements and discuss them to your fullest. You don't have to be even in your answer ; what I mean by this is that you can explore one element in greater depth than another. Learn off a broad range of quotes that could suit any question (i.e all of the good ones lol) and discern in a plan before you write the essay on which key moments you feel are most suitable to include for the specific question.

As for the template, that again depends on the question but it should follow something like this.

Introduction wholly addressing the question and outlining your views on the topic
    -Discussion on the first element present in the question, a couple of paragraphs with some depth and personal input
    -Discussion on the second element present in the question, same as above
    Conclusion briefly reiterating what you explained in your answer.

Advertisement