Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon Pixma MG5450 Vs MG5350 ?

Options
  • 19-02-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi, so i want to buy a printer with direct disc printing and ive come across these two printers, Canon MG5450 & Canon MG5350. I dont know much about printers but these seem pretty similar but one is more expensive. Can somebody here tell me the real difference and which one is best to buy?

Heres some links:

MG5450

MG5350

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

MG 5350 is discontinued and has been replaced by the 5450. Features are very similar however the MG 5450 has a lower profile and can use optional XL ink cartridges. The were both launched at the same price but you can probably get the 5350 at a discount now that it has been replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jdunne08

sink wrote: »
    MG 5350 is discontinued and has been replaced by the 5450. Features are very similar however the MG 5450 has a lower profile and can use optional XL ink cartridges. The were both launched at the same price but you can probably get the 5350 at a discount now that it has been replaced.

Thanks for the comment, but what do you mean by a lower profile? so is one actually better than the other or theyre basically the exact same?

the 5450 is €120 and the 5350 is €95 so id be saving/spending an extra 25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

jdunne08 wrote: »
    Thanks for the comment, but what do you mean by a lower profile? so is one actually better than the other or theyre basically the exact same?

the 5450 is €120 and the 5350 is €95 so id be saving/spending an extra 25

As in it's physically lower with a height of 148mm vs 166mm.

The two have virtually the same features and performance, personally I would save the €25.

Advertisement