Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

noooooooob

• 19-02-2013 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

new to this whole airsoft craic :D
    but ive recently come to own a we airgun
    now i do a bit of shooting with a shotgun and rifle, but i havent the foggiest about airsoft, apart from the legalities that i read on 1 of the stickies
    anyhoo, im living in laois and looking to know are there any clubs and or suppliers in laois?

oh and is this gun capable of being a decent gun to start with?
    cheers
    http://www.wemodel.com.tw/EN/ugC_ShowroomItem_Detail.asp?hidShowKindID=4&hidShowID=237

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Hi, welcome to airsoft :).
    Anyway that pistol would be fine for target shooting and such but if your thinking about skirmishing it then you might want to think twice. It's fine as a side arm but not a primary. Most people start off playing airsoft with an aeg(automatic electic gun).....generally an m4 or ak or a big gun like that so that they can keep up with other players on field. What I mean by that is if you are only using a semi auto pistol and others are using a full auto aeg you will get hammered(probably) unless your really really good. Most gas pistols hold somewhere around 20 bbs while an m4 can hold 450bbs and an ak can sometimes hold 600bbs depending. There's plenty of choice out there got aegs that may not break the bank and also if you really like skirmishing then you can always upgrade them.
    Just on a side note......I'd recommend that you go to a site and try out a rental first before you buy a gun. Theres too many people out there that buy all the stuff and end up selling it here for far less than what they paid.anyway good luck and enjoy the money eating sport of airsoft!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

I know theres a spot in killkenny that does airsoft, but thats only because i used to see it on the way to work.is there many places around midlands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

God i couldn't tell you , I live in Dublin so there's plenty of choice here ut maybe if you wanna try it go to Kilkenny.
    Also , if your ever after any gear or guns there's a site called airsofteire who excellent next-day shipping if you order before 3pm and they have great customer service as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

From kilkenny myself and as for skirmish sites the closest being either the manor in waterford or the asylum in wexford.
    If your looking at buying guns you could always check kilkenny airsofts selection they stock?
    Not to bad to be honest.
    kilkenny airsoft is a shooting range/shop so unfortunatly for actual skirmishing you will have to look further afield.

$kilkenny wrote: »
    From kilkenny myself and as for skirmish sites the closest being either the manor in waterford or the asylum in wexford.
    If your looking at buying guns you could always check kilkenny airsofts selection they stock?
    Not to bad to be honest.
    kilkenny airsoft is a shooting range/shop so unfortunatly for actual skirmishing you will have to look further afield.

aye im full sure thats the spot i meant.on the thomastown road?
    wasnt sure if it was range or arena, but i just guessed an arena because of the location

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

Yep thats the place, between bennetsbridge and kilkenny.
    Unfortunatly theres no site nearby, pitty.

myself and a few friends will be down there friday week if your around, we all have our own guns so if your looking for gun info and gear info would be a great time to learn :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭TheHamster

Where in Laois are you?
    I have a few aeg's and hand guns so if you wanted to come over to my place and fire a few off in the Back to see what you think before lashing out cash your more than welcome

TheHamster wrote: »
    Where in Laois are you?
    I have a few aeg's and hand guns so if you wanted to come over to my place and fire a few off in the Back to see what you think before lashing out cash your more than welcome

ah begod your nearly in the same parish :D
    im living in abbeyleix.sure if the offers available, pm me your contact details :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

djflawless wrote: »

ah begod your nearly in the same parish :D
    im living in abbeyleix.sure if the offers available, pm me your contact details :D

Hamster knows his stuff. Has some nice pieces aswell.

Edit: I'm in mountrath and can extend the same offer!

bgod yer all a generous crowd of lads :D
    yeah hareton if you fancy showing a few tips id be more than happy to call over some day.ill pm you my details
    cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement