Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magdalene Asylums - Mayo County Council

Options
  • 19-02-2013 10:10pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭

While reading through some stuff on Mayo CC this morning I discovered that following the truce in 1921, one of the first acts of the CC was to deal the issue of 'Unmarried Expectant Mothers and Unmarried Mothers'.... I sure you can guess what the solution included (Mayo News 24/09/1921) :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

link ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

neiphin wrote: »
    link ?

Unfortunately I can't find any on line for this and I doubt Cut & Paste is acceptable. I would suggest checking at your local library, Mayo CC for access to their minutes or failing that, the archives at TCD.

Dominic Price in his book 'The Flame and the Candle' makes reference to the same article. Here is a book review.

Advertisement