Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple release iOS 6.1.2

• 19-02-2013 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭

Apple has released iOS 6.1.2, hopefully this will fix the passcode unlock bug.

Untitled.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

It doesnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Doesn't even (thankfully) fix the jailbreak exploit either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Hope it fixes the battery drain problem on my iTouch G4. Downloaded OTA no problem.

Interesting effect of the change - I plugged it into the laptop at 12 noon and went out to meet some friends for lunch. When I came back the 'full' indicator (power socket icon) was displayed but after upgrading to 6.1.2 it's gone back into charge mode i.e. the socket icon has changed to a lighting flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ShM

Apple has released iOS 6.1.2, hopefully this will fix the passcode unlock bug.

Whats the 'passcode unlock bug'?!?
    is this something to worry about?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Dudda wrote: »
    Doesn't even (thankfully) fix the jailbreak exploit either.

does that mean the jailbreak still works for 6.2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Blazer wrote: »
    does that mean the jailbreak still works for 6.2?
    For 6.1.2 which was released yes the jailbreak still works

(highlighting you typed 6.2 by mistake encase someone in a few months disagrees with me if 6.2 comes out and fixes jailbreak).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Amazed they didn't patch the jailbreak. Apple are getting lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'd say this was a "Holy ****! Patch this exchange bug quick as not to piss off the dinosaurs who still use exchange for mail (who are probably are highest paying customers)" patch as opposed to getting the JB exploit patched (which I'd guess takes a bit more time).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

I'd say this was a "Holy ****! Patch this exchange bug quick as not to piss off the dinosaurs who still use exchange for mail (who are probably are highest paying customers)" patch as opposed to getting the JB exploit patched (which I'd guess takes a bit more time).
    Why do you say that about exchange ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

jamesd wrote: »
    Why do you say that about exchange ?

Creamy, I think you may have offended!

James, I'd imagine he just means the people who use exchange for their work mail..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I use gmail exchange for push. Certainly nothing dinosaur like about push emails vs checking every 15 minutes

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Hasn't fixed a thing. Wireless still disabled after every frickin fix tried and then the battery usage is shocking. It will be the last iphone I buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Not offended - just interested.
    I use exchange for work too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

yop wrote: »
    Hasn't fixed a thing. Wireless still disabled after every frickin fix tried and then the battery usage is shocking. It will be the last iphone I buy

Why are people expecting all this when the update says what it does.

In my work we were told not to upgrade to 6.1 due to exchange issues so this was an urgent fix for corporate clients.

All the people here complainng about batteries , wifi etc. I'm convinced it's their own phone and/or router settings and people should not be expecting big updates for their individual issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why are people expecting all this when the update says what it does.

In my work we were told not to upgrade to 6.1 due to exchange issues so this was an urgent fix for corporate clients.

All the people here complainng about batteries , wifi etc. I'm convinced it's their own phone and/or router settings and people should not be expecting big updates for their individual issues.

Thats probably the most sane comment I have seen in a While....

I love the "my phone drops Wifi"....therefore its the Whole of Apples fault..;)

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thats probably the most sane comment I have seen in a While....

I love the "my phone drops Wifi"....therefore its the Whole of Apples fault..;)

i had the WiFi problems on my iPhone 4 and then again my iPhone 5.
    I got rid of the Netgear Router and UPC gave me the all in one modem/wireless router, and its has been perfect ever since.
    It could of been something to do with the channels or WPA/RSK security settings, i'm not technical enough to understand them :(

sometimes people just have to look at the hardware they are using around them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

kceire wrote: »

I got rid of the Netgear Router and UPC gave me the all in one modem/wireless router, and its has been perfect ever since.
    It could of been something to do with the channels or WPA/RSK security settings, i'm not technical enough to understand them :(

That's interesting about the netgear, can you remember what model it was? I have a DGN1000 and there is no problem connecting any iPhone from 3GS to 5 and iPad 2 and mini. Granted if I search for and connect sometimes there is an issue where it won't connect but if I manually input the ssid and security it works flawless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Cool update.

Yet again my iPhone 4s sihts the bed and locks up in recovery mode. Nice also to find that they made iTunes more stylish by hiding the menu bar by default.

Brilliant.

Cool update.

Yet again my iPhone 4s sihts the bed and locks up in recovery mode. Nice also to find that they made iTunes more stylish by hiding the menu bar by default.

Brilliant.

I really don't think any of those issue are anything to do with the update.

The update was minor and only affected Exchange issues.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Ah, this might explain why my entire exchange calendar got wiped during an iPhone sync last week.

I suppose it would be asking too much for 6.1.2 to reinstate it? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I really don't think any of those issue are anything to do with the update.

The update was minor and only affected Exchange issues.

Yes. I was looking to get 6.1.1. I try to avoid updating as much as possible, as always cause problems for me.

Dades wrote: »
    Ah, this might explain why my entire exchange calendar got wiped during an iPhone sync last week.

I suppose it would be asking too much for 6.1.2 to reinstate it? :pac:

Could be all right.

Got notification today from our IT dept that the upgrade fixes the exchange problem and we should upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I also have the all in one Cisco modem/router and never have any problems with Mac, iPhone 3GS - 5 or iPad mini/3rd Gen. Not all my devices so all different settings to suit each person and all worked no problem. I reckon all these wifi problems are related to routers and password settings. Never had any issues with anything I've bought so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Anyone's App Store updates not working? Opens up into the Store, into update, and then nothing. Like, the newest updates won't show up in the Store when it says I have one.
    Only happened after I downloaded the iOS 6.1.2

Edit; nevermind, switched it off for awhile and works now. xD

Anyone's App Store updates not working? Opens up into the Store, into update, and then nothing. Like, the newest updates won't show up in the Store when it says I have one.
    Only happened after I downloaded the iOS 6.1.2

Edit; nevermind, switched it off for awhile and works now. xD

Also Apple were having problems with the App Store for a good bit of today. Working fine for me all day though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

my ipad and iphone used to drop wifi and i always had to restart them and feck about with them, i was using 3 dongle plugged into a wifi hub, now using a eircom standard wifi modem and no problems.

if peoples iphones are droppping wifi i would say its the phone itself, or the modem and not a software issue!

also what is the passcode lock bug?

etxp wrote: »
    also what is the passcode lock bug?

This is the passcode lock bug. Lets somebody bypass the lock screen and gain access to the 'Phone' app on an iPhone with 6.1 or above.

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/2/14/3987830/ios-6-1-security-flaw-lets-anyone-make-calls-from-your-iphone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Won't update for me on ipad. Every time I try it gets to about 80% and then I get an error. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Best username ever

That's true, If I do a speed test on my laptop, the ping is always about 24, but when I do it on my iPhone it's always about 116 or higher, does anyone know why that is?

Advertisement