Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 3g FW 4.1 stuck in restore mode

• 19-02-2013 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

I bought a jailbroken iphone 3g and wanted to restore back to factory settings, I assumed it would be as easy as restoring through itunes, but got the restore error 1015, Cant kick it out of restore mode either, tried exiting restore in tinyumbrella, not working, tried restoring in DFU mode also, no joy. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

I bought a jailbroken iphone 3g and wanted to restore back to factory settings, I assumed it would be as easy as restoring through itunes, but got the restore error 1015, Cant kick it out of restore mode either, tried exiting restore in tinyumbrella, not working, tried restoring in DFU mode also, no joy. Any ideas?
    I would guess that the phone was on the ipad baseband and by restoring to a stock firmware you have bricked the baseband it is fixable but it is a long journey.i have repaired a few but its a bitch .google it and you should get some idea,s but its a lot of trial and error but it can be repaired

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

massy086 wrote: »
    I would guess that the phone was on the ipad baseband and by restoring to a stock firmware you have bricked the baseband it is fixable but it is a long journey.i have repaired a few but its a bitch .google it and you should get some idea,s but its a lot of trial and error but it can be repaired

Thanks for the reply Massy, Ive searched google and there are so many ideas out there on how to fix my issue, your right it does seem like a long journey and Ive tried a few but still end up bricked. Just dont have the time/patience to keep trying different fixes, is there any place close to Blanchardstown that I could drop the phone into to get it fixed? Anyone care to post a step by step on how to get it fixed?:( At least there is hope, thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

You can only restore that phone using a jailbroken custom firmware. Also you'll need to install ultrasn0w to unlock the phone from Cydia

Create a custom 4.2.1 firmware
    Using sn0wbreese, pwnagetool, quickpwn, etc. you might have to download an older build, google create custom 4.2.1 firmware for 3G and see what it recommends in the tutorials.
    Get the original 3g 4.2.1 firmware from www.felixbruns.de

Remove any entries for apple from your windows hosts file and flush your DNS cache or reboot before restoring using your custom built firmware.

I can restore it for you if your stuck but I charge €20 as it can take an hour depending on why exactly it's not restoring, I'm just around the corner from Charlestown shopping centre or in Portmarnock whichever suits

You can only restore that phone using a jailbroken custom firmware. Also you'll need to install ultrasn0w to unlock the phone from Cydia

Create a custom 4.2.1 firmware
    Using sn0wbreese, pwnagetool, quickpwn, etc. you might have to download an older build, google create custom 4.2.1 firmware for 3G and see what it recommends in the tutorials.
    Get the original 3g 4.2.1 firmware from www.felixbruns.de

Remove any entries for apple from your windows hosts file and flush your DNS cache or reboot before restoring using your custom built firmware.

I can restore it for you if your stuck but I charge €20 as it can take an hour depending on why exactly it's not restoring, I'm just around the corner from Charlestown shopping centre or in Portmarnock whichever suits

Hi Cathal I managed to jailbreak it again and unlock it, only downside is that it's stuck on 4.2.1 and according to many forums that's the best this phone will ever be so can't download a lot of apps

That or whited00r

• Advertisement

That or whited00r

Didnt know about this Cathal, will definitely give it a go later. Thanks

That or whited00r

Yep, whited00r 6 has made life a lot easier for the Iphone 3G, thanks for the advise.

No probs

Advertisement