Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Sundance the Westie

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭notlongleft

lost my old lady nearly 19 a week ago yesterday. it gets easier but it's still awful you ll feel like you see and hear them still for a while to come but it gets better:-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Feeling a bit better today. I feel like I'll be able to function. Certainly I anticipate plenty of triggers today and over the next few days and weeks, but if this morning is anything to go by I'll either be able to hold back the sobbing and torrents of tears till I have some private or alone time to let them out, or if I can't quite hold back it'll be short-lived till I can recompose myself.

Twas to be expected though that a phone call from the VET this morning would be a trigger. This was the Vet who saw Sunny on Monday afternoon and had been the one who had seen Sunny the most over the last few months for his Pacreatitus and resultant weight loss. He was away at a conference Tuesday and Wednesday and was shocked when he arrived in work this morning and pulled Sunnys file to look at the Ultrasound scan results from Tuesday and found the other final additions to the little mans file. He immediatly consulted with the lovely treating Vet from Tuesday to fill him in on what had happened. He had expected to find the Ultrasound would point towards a pancreatic cancer which is why he was mooting an MRI in UCD over the last few visits with Tuesdays Ultrasound to be the final indicator on whether to book the MRI for full confirmation. An operation to remove the suspected tumour would hopefully give him a few more years and give him back digestive function and he could put some weight back on.

However, as Sunnys' rapid detioration in the early hours of Tuesday and throughout the day showed it was not a tumour it as a horribly acute pancreatic attack that massively inflamed his pancreas and Liver and he had terrible Jaundice.

I asked if we did the right thing and he assures me that there was no coming back from this and the poor wee man was in pain and we did the kindest thing off all by not putting him through a painful bumpy journey to UCD and have him likely pass away on the way or alone in UCD.

We we kissing him and hugging him and telling him how much we loved him as he left us.

Of course typing this has me bawling again but I do have a sense that it will get better and easier to bare as the days go on whereas yesterday I felt like I'd never feel normal ever again.

I miss you Baba SunSun Man, the little SunSun Prince.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

RIP SunDance. Know you gave him a great 9 years OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Calibos wrote: »
    Feeling a bit better today. I feel like I'll be able to function. Certainly I anticipate plenty of triggers today and over the next few days and weeks, but if this morning is anything to go by I'll either be able to hold back the sobbing and torrents of tears till I have some private or alone time to let them out, or if I can't quite hold back it'll be short-lived till I can recompose myself.

Twas to be expected though that a phone call from the VET this morning would be a trigger. This was the Vet who saw Sunny on Monday afternoon and had been the one who had seen Sunny the most over the last few months for his Pacreatitus and resultant weight loss. He was away at a conference Tuesday and Wednesday and was shocked when he arrived in work this morning and pulled Sunnys file to look at the Ultrasound scan results from Tuesday and found the other final additions to the little mans file. He immediatly consulted with the lovely treating Vet from Tuesday to fill him in on what had happened. He had expected to find the Ultrasound would point towards a pancreatic cancer which is why he was mooting an MRI in UCD over the last few visits with Tuesdays Ultrasound to be the final indicator on whether to book the MRI for full confirmation. An operation to remove the suspected tumour would hopefully give him a few more years and give him back digestive function and he could put some weight back on.

However, as Sunnys' rapid detioration in the early hours of Tuesday and throughout the day showed it was not a tumour it as a horribly acute pancreatic attack that massively inflamed his pancreas and Liver and he had terrible Jaundice.

I asked if we did the right thing and he assures me that there was no coming back from this and the poor wee man was in pain and we did the kindest thing off all by not putting him through a painful bumpy journey to UCD and have him likely pass away on the way or alone in UCD.

We we kissing him and hugging him and telling him how much we loved him as he left us.

Of course typing this has me bawling again but I do have a sense that it will get better and easier to bare as the days go on whereas yesterday I felt like I'd never feel normal ever again.

I miss you Baba SunSun Man, the little SunSun Prince.....

Hey Calibos,

So sorry to hear about your westie. I know what you are going through. I had to put my best buddy to sleep just before Christmas and it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. She had cancer. Firstly, its ok to cry. I put a thread here when I had to put Mitsy to sleep and people were so supportive. The next few weeks will be very tough for you but try to remember the good times you spent with your friend. You can tell by your posts that you were a great owner and Sundance was very lucky to have someone like you.

Best of luck,

Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 34 candy69

really sorry for your loss :( thinking about you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Can I just say that I have genuinely taken great solace (if I am using the right word) from all the kind words from everyone here. Its been hard to write, its been hard to read and re-read my own posts and everyones replies but I feel it has definately been theraputic. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Advertisement