Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reverse a lodgement?

Options
  • 19-02-2013 11:37pm

Paid for something I saw on adverts.ie. Seller has done a runner. I lodged the money in person in an AIB. I still have the lodgment slip and wrote my name on the part of the lodgment form the bank retain.

My question is is there anything the bank can do for me please? What if I just say I paid the money into the wrong account? I have gone to the Gardai but to put it nicely I am less than impressed.

Please help me thwart this thief. Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Alas, no. They can't take it back.

Thanks Buffy. Been reading your posts in the Prison over the last few days. I thought however in a circumstance like where there was a clerical error on my part then something could be done. Who knows I may have paid it into the wrong account by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Error on your part: not really (and to do so is fraud of sorts in itself. Not go-to-jail-for-20-years stuff, but nonetheless).

It's your job to ensure the details are correct. Once it's landed in their account, the bank can't just remove it without their permission, which they're unlikely to give.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Its worth a try inquiring in the bank while its fresh especially if the seller is gone. It will put your mind at rest! It may have happened to more than you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Paid for something I saw on adverts.ie. Seller has done a runner. I lodged the money in person in an AIB. I still have the lodgment slip and wrote my name on the part of the lodgment form the bank retain.

My question is is there anything the bank can do for me please? What if I just say I paid the money into the wrong account? I have gone to the Gardai but to put it nicely I am less than impressed.

Please help me thwart this thief. Cheers! :)

Have you reported the seller on adverts ?

How much was involved ? Other buyers should be warned. Also contact details you have for them google and see if they pop up else where selling somthing else. You might be able to get them.

• Advertisement

I lost only €20 while someone else lost €120. Reported them to adverts and they locked the account. I went to every ad the seller had and posted that he was a thief to warn others. Went to the Gardai but the film Police Academy came to mind. Tried ringing the branch I lodged the money in this morning but all the banks seem to have this irritating new system where you get put through to some call centre God knows where. I'm screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I lost only €20 while someone else lost €120. Reported them to adverts and they locked the account. I went to every ad the seller had and posted that he was a thief to warn others. Went to the Gardai but the film Police Academy came to mind. Tried ringing the branch I lodged the money in this morning but all the banks seem to have this irritating new system where you get put through to some call centre God knows where. I'm screwed.

I reported a crime a number of years ago and the detective asked me what the I tought the burglar was doing damaging a flopping disc ?? Also bus tickets give a destination but doesnt mean the person got off at that stop it was news to him.

You really should lay off the whiskey during the day.

Advertisement