Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employee assistance programs

Options
  • 19-02-2013 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Has anyone used the employee assistance programme for work or personal issues? What has been your experience of them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

KittyChai wrote: »
    Has anyone used the employee assistance programme for work or personal issues? What has been your experience of them?

I took advantage of this scheme about 10 years ago. I was in the PS and if I remember correctly it was operated by the VHI I think. It was a private, medical matter and in honesty, the person at the other end of the phone gave me all the right advice and put me in the right direction for resolving my issue. It was totally confidential, anonymous, and took one low cost phone call.

Thankfully I have never had to use them since, however I certainly would recommend them if you are apprehensive about going to the usual outlets for advice or help.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've used my company's one very recently for counselling. I found it great.

Made a phone call, spoke to the person on the other end, who was very sympathetic. He agreed I needed to see a counsellor and set it up. I got on well with her, and I came away after 8 sessions feeling so much better.

I found tHe hardest part was making the phone call, but you will not regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

I used EAP recently when going through the mill in work. I got through to a lovely (but straight talking!) woman, found her really helpful. The discussion clarified things in my mind and I was able to make a decision after speaking to her so I recommend you call, there’s nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KittyChai

Made the call today and spoke with a lovely lady! V supportive and helped me work thru different options and assiting me in my decision! Delighted I made the call feel so much better now and even a few mins into the conversation felt like a weight was lifting off me!

Advertisement