Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 3

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I got a copy of the origional crysis with my preorder of crysis 3 on origin. Replaying it at the moment. The sandbox's are much larger, the graphics still stand up today. The story is not cheesy but mostly the balance is much better. You cannot cloak for minutes at a time, even on average difficulty your ability to take damage if far less than in two or three. There is actually a need to be strategic cause if you get into a fire fight you dead. You can use ranged sniping more. I am surprised how good the original crysis is on replay. I blame COD, walk down street, shoot bunch of enemies, cut scene, walk down street.......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I got a copy of the origional crysis with my preorder of crysis 3 on origin. Replaying it at the moment. The sandbox's are much larger, the graphics still stand up today. The story is not cheesy but mostly the balance is much better. You cannot cloak for minutes at a time, even on average difficulty your ability to take damage if far less than in two or three. There is actually a need to be strategic cause if you get into a fire fight you dead. You can use ranged sniping more. I am surprised how good the original crysis is on replay. I blame COD, walk down street, shoot bunch of enemies, cut scene, walk down street.......

I like to be able to cloak though :p. I beat Crysis vanilla except one thing, I changed the cloaking value in the ini file to last longer. I want to be able to move more than three steps without losing it. It still ran out, just a bit slower. Made it more fun to creep around.

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

I am surprised how good the original crysis is on replay.

I'd agree its a better balanced game. Not too challenging either but you don't feel as overpowered.

Its a good game.
    It has significant flaws though.

Story was average FPS fair.

Some people didn't like the slow pacing and large tracks of unpopulated enviroments. Didn't bother me.

The Alien ship was confusing to navigate on the first playthough.

The last third of the game it effectively a corridor shooter, even more so than the sequels, containing an awful aircraft level.

The Aliens where bland and uninteresting to fight. They where improved in the sequels.

Memory leak during the final two boss fights.

Rubbish cliff hanger ending.

Still first two thirds where great. But then like Bioshock it went down hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Do you need an online pass to play this online ps3 might give it a rent

• Registered Users Posts: 54,118 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sorry for the bump but I didnt want to create a new thread. Basically I lost my game saves and im trying to remember where I stopped playing before

All I can remember is going through this dark tunnel and I exit the tunnel to be looking down on soldiers that were just put their by the helicopter that now has flown away

I know its not alot to go on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Any idea roughly how far through the game (like 2 hours or like 6?)

It's not a long game. If you've forgotten where you were you could do worse than to play it through from the start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I started playing this tonight thanks to PS+. It certainly isn't an easy game. I'm playing on easy mode as I just want to breeze through and see the story. But there was a fairly tough section right in the first level.

It is playing almost exactly like Crysis 2 so I should enjoy the game. The bow seems like it might be fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've played a bit of the first one on 360 and it's good stuff, I really enjoyed the second one on PS3, I've been about to pull the trigger on the third one for some time, but the backlog is so substantial now I could build a house from them all!
    But it's installed, for nought, on the PS3 now, just have to find the time to play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭martin gillespie

Johro wrote: »

Free on ps plus at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just finished Crysis 3 a few minutes ago. I thought it was pretty good. I really like the suit abilities and switching between them on the fly. I've now finished Crysis 2 and 3 but I've no idea what is going on in the story. It is so badly told in both games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

I have to say iv a guilty pleasure for Cysis in a way I found it sad for Prophet in the end he pretty much lost everything to save mankind, it has the penitential to become something great but the writers lost their way. I feel it would make a great 3 part film but under the guidance of a great director.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

I just finished Crysis 3 a few minutes ago. I thought it was pretty good. I really like the suit abilities and switching between them on the fly. I've now finished Crysis 2 and 3 but I've no idea what is going on in the story. It is so badly told in both games.

Your really need to play Crysis 1 and Crysis warhead

Advertisement