Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new pc?

Options
  • 20-02-2013 12:14am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi lads hows eh going
    recently came into some spare money
    and my pc is quite old, it runs some games but not recent ones and most games arnt played on even medium

basicly im looking for a new pc
    which has high end stuff so it wont need upgrading for at least another year or 2
    also it has to be between a range of 300-700e im probably asking to much here but
    i dont want any custom built pc i would prefer a pc picked from this website which would hopefully have everything built into it already that is needed for a good gaming pc

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/electricals/desktop-pcs/e/b/4877.end

yes i know their dear in price but can anyone tell me if they have any good pcs that can run current games on ultra high settings? i dont know much about pcs so i need the help

thanks guys appreciate it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You are not going to get an off the shelf PC for €700 anywhere that can play the latest games at anywhere near high settings. You are better off giving €700 to someone who will pick all the parts and put it together for you. Otherwise you are wasting your time and money.

The best PC on that site for €700 does not even have a dedicated graphics card in it, no hope of playing anything above low to medium settings on games released a year ago even.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭andymurphy93

You are not going to get an off the shelf PC for €700 anywhere that can play the latest games at anywhere near high settings. You are better off giving €700 to someone who will pick all the parts and put it together for you. Otherwise you are wasting your time and money.

The best PC on that site for €700 does not even have a dedicated graphics card in it, no hope of playing anything above low to medium settings on games released a year ago even.

thanks for the input mate appreciate it
    i know theirs some sites out their that let you build a pc could you recommand any site for this? and some specs i could use
    i dont know anything about pcs really apart from ram
    so could you give me anything that could run ultra high settings on a pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

it has to be between a range of 300-700e... can run current games on ultra high settings... i would prefer a pc picked from this website

If really you want something that "can run current games on ultra high settings", you'll be looking at the top end of your budget, if you build it yourself and that would be without peripherals such as a monitor.

On the Littlewood page you have linked, I see two Core i5 computer (one within your budget) but neither seem to have a dedicated graphics card. And Zoostorm I wouldn't touch with a 12 ft bargepole.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

thanks for the input mate appreciate it
    i know theirs some sites out their that let you build a pc could you recommand any site for this? and some specs i could use
    i dont know anything about pcs really apart from ram
    so could you give me anything that could run ultra high settings on a pc?

there's a building and upgrading section around here somewhere, I can't link it on my phone, sorry. the lads in there will point you in the right direction

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭andymurphy93

thanks lads really appreciate it started a new thread over the other forum
    decided im going to custom build it, have a mate who can do it for me just need all the parts for it

• Advertisement
Advertisement