Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for acoustic musicians/acts in Mayo

• 20-02-2013 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there,

I'm running an acoustic night in a venue in Foxford, Mayo, in Mid-March. It's free to play, you can do covers or originals and will be about 6/7 songs each, though that's flexible.

Hope to hear back, any more questions feel free to ask!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

It's free to play
    That's nice of you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ZephyrGigs

I stated that as the charter stated make it clear that it's not "Pay to Play". Which it isn't. Just an Open Mic of sorts. Good fun, relaxed atmosphere, good music, for people who enjoy playing music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

What pub in Foxford?

I've played in Castlebar/Foxford before with an electric band but would be interested in doing an acoustic set.

What pub in Foxford?

I've played in Castlebar/Foxford before with an electric band but would be interested in doing an acoustic set.
    PM Sent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Hi,

Great to see another venue arranging acts. I do have three questions.
    1. Whats in it for you?

2. Why not charge at the door and pay the musicians, especially the original acts. You would be surprised who might actually pay to hear good original material.

3. What pub is it in Foxford?

Given the pathetic state of the gigging scene in Mayo at the moment, you may be hard pushed to get musicians to play for free...:rolleyes:

Regards,

P

• Advertisement

greenpilot wrote: »
    Hi,

Great to see another venue arranging acts. I do have three questions.
    1. Whats in it for you?

2. Why not charge at the door and pay the musicians, especially the original acts. You would be surprised who might actually pay to hear good original material.

3. What pub is it in Foxford?

Given the pathetic state of the gigging scene in Mayo at the moment, you may be hard pushed to get musicians to play for free...:rolleyes:

Regards,

P
    Hi there,

1. I'm a promoter from Dublin running regular gigs, like Open Mics, around Dublin City. I've been asked to bring this to a pub in Mayo, which I am doing on Paddy's Day. It's my job.

2. Reason I don't charge, is the frame of mind for this gig, especially being on Paddy's Day, is to put on a good night of live music from a range of acts, and it's all about everyone having a good time. If you're solely in to playing music just for money, this isn't for you. But if you simply enjoy playing music, be it covers or original material, this is a great way to spend Paddy's Day.

3. Bourkes Bar in Foxford.

Hope that clears things up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Acushla

send me your number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Acushla, please don't bump threads over a year old. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement