Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

met.ie - Who built it?

• 20-02-2013 1:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the company that designed/developed/maintains met.ie ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

There's a link at the bottom of the page actually, to fusio.net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Goodshape wrote: »

Nice one. Didn't even notice. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Goodshape wrote: »
    And in the HTML headers too. First place one should look, tbh.

And in the HTML headers too. First place one should look, tbh.

Indeed. But I had no way of knowing if it was still them that maintained the site.

KonFusion wrote: »
    Indeed. But I had no way of knowing if it was still them that maintained the site.
    You still don't. Just because someone else maintains a site, doesn't mean they'll add a credit to themselves for doing so. Many don't as such credits tend to be seen as creative, in my experience.

However, where it comes to design and development, the bottom of the page and the HTML headers are the first place one generally looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

If we're critiquing it, not a great site. But then, neither is fusio.net either. Not really optimised for mobile, text is tiny, that grey background is hurting my eyes.

This irks me. Some of their portfolio sites are ok (Odlums) but a lot of them are same-y, and their corporate site is poor. As a "shop window", I would have walked on by.

I feel like you're scolding me for not checking the headers/bottom of page :pac:

I am aware these are where one generally checks.

However, ideally what I was looking for was a point of contact. A person, rather than a company profile/link to a company.
    You still don't.

Well then I guess I need to ask again.

Does anyone know who maintains the site? Is it indeed fusio?

The reason for asking was I saw they had a survey running on the site, and was curious to know if they were planning on doing some work to the site based on the survey results, which I presume they are. If this is the case, I want to know what company they have in mind to carry out said work or when they plan to tender etc.

If we're critiquing it, not a great site. But then, neither is fusio.net either. Not really optimised for mobile, text is tiny, that grey background is hurting my eyes.
    You'd have to ask how old the site is - met.ie, I suspect, went up back when optimizing for mobile involved WML (incidentally, I dealt with Fusio during some WAP projects back around 2000).
    KonFusion wrote: »
    The reason for asking was I saw they had a survey running on the site, and was curious to know if they were planning on doing some work to the site based on the survey results, which I presume they are. If this is the case, I want to know what company they have in mind to carry out said work or when they plan to tender etc.
    You're better off asking Met Éireann than Fusio, as the latter may literally have no involvement any more and the results of that survey may in fact form the basis of a new, updated, site which will probably go out to tender in time (if it didn't already, while we were all busy posting about it on Boards :p).

Definitely considering it's age I think it's a great site. Whatever about the aesthetics, it does exactly what I need it to do; tell me the weather.
    You're better off asking Met Éireann than Fusio, as the latter may literally have no involvement any more and the results of that survey may in fact form the basis of a new, updated, site which will probably go out to tender in time (if it didn't already, while we were all busy posting about it on Boards :p).

True. Must you always be so logical :p

I find tenders for public sector/semi-states are generally...err...influenced by who you know, which is why I wanted an introduction to someone, rather than emailing met themselves. But no harm in that either I suppose.

Edit: Just got a contact. Thanks boards :D

Advertisement