Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunter Trials

Options
  • 19-02-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey all,

Once dates are confirmed ill let you know of ill be there. On another point dose any one know of any hunter trials coming up this is the first event I am considering in a long time... So I would be thinking I would enter the lowest level is this novice singles?? What's is the story with hunter trials when competing as an adult as I have only compated as a minor... Sorry for going off the topic but so many horsey people here :) also if any one is at any trails in Dublin region let me know as i may also be there :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Anastazia

Hi Holly,
    I think it really depends on the horse you are riding, cause there is people doing full day hunts(5foot wide ditches, 4foot hedges etc.) and there not necessarily experienced at all really( but their horse is).
    If your riding a difficult horse, everything is going to be a challenge!:) (if you know what I mean!)
    If you have a good seat and you horse is good or well trained, then you should get on more then well, even if your not at the lowest level! ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 6 holly_24

Anastazia wrote: »
    Hi Holly,
    I think it really depends on the horse you are riding, cause there is people doing full day hunts(5foot wide ditches, 4foot hedges etc.) and there not necessarily experienced at all really( but their horse is).
    If your riding a difficult horse, everything is going to be a challenge!:) (if you know what I mean!)
    If you have a good seat and you horse is good or well trained, then you should get on more then well, even if your not at the lowest level! ; )

Hi

Thanks so much for the reply, I am doing a horse share so still getting used the the mare. There are a few jumps in the fields where she is stables so hoping ground will be dry tomorrow and I can take her out :) I feel like she will be amazing out on the trials as she is a great mare but on occasion stops dead while show jumping but I think that was due to nerves with other riders... Are you aware of any comps coming up in the next few months around Leinster? Or where I could fine out. I always got my info from pony club but slightly to old for that now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Hi Holly, I've moved your posts here so it won't derail the 'meet up' thread.

With regard to upcoming hunter trials: there was a complete list of all hunter trials this spring in last week's Irish Field, so it's probably worth your while picking up a copy. Some of the hunts also host pre-novice competitions, so it might be a good idea to keep an eye out for those to start off with.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Ah hunter trials season!! Cant wait!! Charlie O'Neills in Abbeyfield Farm in Clane is on Good Friday, handy one from Dublin and the novice course isnt too challenging; only problem is that the ground tends to get destroyed so best off being in the earlier class! Two lovely courses not far from Dublin are Punchestown - did it last year and its a really enjoyable one, and then the Edenderry Harriers HT in Carbury in Kildare which has a pre-novice class; if you're not planning on being competitive, its nice as you can do the pre-novice fences and throw in a few of the smaller novice ones as well if you're feeling brave!!

Advertisement