Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen Iphone4 not replaced

• 20-02-2013 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine had her iphone 4 stolen out of her bag on a night out in Dublin recently. She rang up Three to report it stolen. They asked for imei number, she didn't have it with her but said that she'd give it to them when she got home as the number was on the box. Now they won't replace the phone as it was over 24hours til she got the imei number. I think this is crazy, how was she supposed to give them the number if the phone was robbed and the number was on the box at home and wouldn't be home for a day or two?
    Has anyone experienced this? The network is Three. And phone is insured.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

I suppose you should post this in consumer issues - Three forum, may be they might be able to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Get her to sign up to Boards and use the Talk to Three forum. I wouldn't use their call centres anymore if you paid me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

Hi OP- did your friend report the phone stolen at a Garda station? You must do this within 24 hours and get a signed form from them. In my experience, this is the most important part of the process. You then ring Three and report the phone stolen and give them the IMEI if they have it.

In any case- Three insurance is run through a third party company (Pier Insurance I think...) and they must be notified in order to process the claim, so it has nothing to do with Three really. They will need the form from the Gardai, a report of what happened, an email from Three saying you reported the phone stolen amongst other things...

Advertisement