Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 questions re planting hedging

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

Regards watering, whether you do or dont- if you do, water well but not too often, judge for yourself re the conditions you have in your garden.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Id also be inclinded to keep a close eye on the weather this comming week.

According to RTE News/Met Eireann weather forecast this evening,some parts of the country wont get any rain till next Friday,as there is a high pressure settling in accross Ireland.

Very cold at night with frost..but no rain for some parts of the country till at least next Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Paddy --- I really never though I'd be hoping it would rain!!

I'll water heavily mid week again ...and see what the weekend brings...

Now I need to open a thread on trees for an urban garden :)

Paddy --- I really never though I'd be hoping it would rain!!

I'll water heavily mid week again ...and see what the weekend brings...

Now I need to open a thread on trees for an urban garden :)

Well I know what my answer will be...regarding the tree.

But thats me being a tad biased towards multi stem/Jacquemonti birch trees.:pac::D

paddy147 wrote: »
    Well I know what my answer will be...regarding the tree.

But thats me being a tad biased towards multi stem/Jacquemonti birch trees.:pac::D

So I see .... :) I have not ruled them out,,,,, need 10 - 15 trees for screening --- I'll open a thread in March on it

For now , I'm bushed , or hedged,,,,,,,,

• Advertisement

So I see .... :) I have not ruled them out,,,,, need 10 - 15 trees for screening --- I'll open a thread in March on it

For now , I'm bushed , or hedged,,,,,,,,

Ah I just like the contrast of the white bark against the rest of the garden in the wintertime.
    And then the small yet lovely green leaves rustling away in the breeze in the summertime.:)

We have all around and underneath the multi stem birch planted with grasses and also with snowdrops.

Sit back and enjoy either a nice cold pint or a hot cuppa tea or coffee...you deserve it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Foxychick

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any f ye know where the best place to buy laurel bare root hedging would be in the west, galway preferably

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

Foxychick wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any f ye know where the best place to buy laurel bare root hedging would be in the west, galway preferably

Thanks
    McDs in Loughrea have 40 bare root laurel reduced to 50 euro ! Bought some today. About 2 foot tall or so. They said they will be potting them by the end of the week though ....

Hi Guys,

Thanks
    50 for 40 is a great price - I ordered off donedeal from Wicklow . Couldn't find any comparable prices in Galway .

Ps . Get something more wildlife friendly than laurel :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Have bought hedging from futureforests in Bantry without any problems - they will send the plants by courier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Foxychick

Squiggle wrote: »
    Have bought hedging from futureforests in Bantry without any problems - they will send the plants by courier.

Thanks for that got them, they were perfect

Advertisement