Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steadicam SmoothShot for Canon 50D

• 20-02-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

I'm planning to buy this steadicam: http://www.smoothshot.co.uk/
    The price on ebay is about 70 euro - is it worth it or I'd rather spend more and buy something else?

It's going to be used mostly with canon 50D + 50mm/1.4 - total weight around 1.1 kg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There are a load of DIY versions of this type of set up. I haven't used one but did make a DIY version and while they are an improvement they won't give you smooth shots, they require practice to get a smooth technique.

I guess the price isn't too bad considering the cost of most other camera equipment but it is possible to make a DIY one cheaper that works on the exact same principles and considering it's DIY to start would be much more adaptable. Although when all is said and done with all the experimentation, making and buying of parts it might be as easy to buy one that's known to work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

If your going down the DIY route or anyone in general is , these guys are a must to check out!

Advertisement