Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract change - notice period

Options
  • 20-02-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

My current employer wants to increase notice period from one month to two and we are required to sign a new contract to accept this. Question is Are there any consequences of not signing? I feel this will put me at a big disadvantage in the marketplace when it comes to me changing job - this being my main concern.

Has anybody been in the same position and refused to sign? i know others have signed already without thinking twice. When im approached on this i intend on refusing to sign based on my concern above.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

phunkymonk wrote: »
    My current employer wants to increase notice period from one month to two and we are required to sign a new contract to accept this. Question is Are there any consequences of not signing? I feel this will put me at a big disadvantage in the marketplace when it comes to me changing job - this being my main concern.

Has anybody been in the same position and refused to sign? i know others have signed already without thinking twice. When im approached on this i intend on refusing to sign based on my concern above.

As far as I'm aware if you don't sign the contract but continue to work there, you're deemed to have accepted the new conditions regardless. Not signing a contract doesn't necessarily invalidate it.

I'm sure someone can confirm, though.

Advertisement