Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet FTTC in April?

• 20-02-2013 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Does anyone know if Magnet plans to start up FTTC in April via Eircom wholesale?

It seems Eircom will start up FTTC after Easter and they are open for wholesale. I am a satisfied Magnet customer at the moment and if it is possible I would like to continue my broadband subscription with them but via FTTC technology. But of course if they do not provide FTTC, I will switch back to Eircom, I wouldn't like to miss the 10x faster speeds.

I would be very happy with a Magnet uncapped broadband + IPTV combo over FTTC for a good price (just dreaming).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lynchie

Thought magnet are already in the fibre pilot being run in sandyford and wexford the past year or so? Would be reasonable to assume they would intend to sell it when it goes live if they are piloting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭chriss745

lynchie wrote: »
    Thought magnet are already in the fibre pilot being run in sandyford and wexford the past year or so? Would be reasonable to assume they would intend to sell it when it goes live if they are piloting it?

Yeah, I would think so, but I called them just before my post and their sales person didn't hear about any FTTC yet. I would think that they already preparing the packages if they want to start it up in April.

Advertisement