Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Off

• 20-02-2013 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

So, on Saturday night on my way down to the Unfixables MCC rally it finally happened.

I was banking left coming away from a round about and highsided off to the right. Ended up being thrown over the other side of the road.

Hand was quite swollen, but it's fine now. Shoulder is still quite sore and back is very stiff.

I lost my right footpeg and brake and the fairings were destroyed. Exhaust system damaged.

I rode the bike around the corner to a house of one of the smokin aces lads (one of the lads I was riding down with is related to him) and doubled up to the rally. Next morning the lads helped me get the bike back into a rideable state, using another peg grinded down to fit and a bolt drilled in to the brake lever for my pedal.

My helmet is cracked on the side. No doubt it saved my life and I'm glad I invested in a good one now. Caberg V2R.

I'll try attach pictures of the bike and helmet. I'm on my phone, so apologies if it doesn't work or if they're huge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Bike damage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Fook, glad you okay and here to tell the tale...... Any idea what/how it happened?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Any idea what/how it happened?
    I think it was an error on my part to be honest. I'm not entirely sure. I think I looked briefly over my shoulder and looked back in front, realised I was running a little wider than I should be (there was a concrete island thing dividing the road). It was an easy fix. Could have just leaned more into the turn but I guess I panicked and hit the brakes (stupid, I know I know) rear wheel lost and regained traction and I went for a flight.

At least I think that's what happened.

So I'm in the market for new fairings, footpeg etc. Anybody know of places? Some of the lads suggested neverland motors. I've checked it out and seems ok, but no harm exploring every possible avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Glad you came out of it alright. Im sure you will learn from it. Hopefully you get the parts for the bike cheap enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Wow.. ouch. Glad you are okay and your helmet done it's job.

Great to see you biting at the bit so soon after a high side! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Glad you are not too badly hurt mate! Thank fook you didn't land in front of car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Happy to hear you're OK. I'm not very glad I have a Caberg helmet, looks like it'll take a decent beating without messing you up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Hard luck Pedro. Good to see you looking to get back on the horse straight away:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Pedro K wrote: »

So I'm in the market for new fairings, footpeg etc. Anybody know of places? Some of the lads suggested neverland motors. I've checked it out and seems ok, but no harm exploring every possible avenue.

Paddy Costello in Tullamore is very good. Also Merlin and City Spares. There's a list of breakers round here somewhere.

Glad you're ok. Sounds nasty. You probably got more of a fright than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

christ.

mind yourself....could be sore later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Scary that it can so quickly and easily. Thank feck you got away with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Glad ya got away with it ... bike can be fixed .. get better soon

Hard luck Pedro. Good to see you looking to get back on the horse straight away:)
    Wow.. ouch. Glad you are okay and your helmet done it's job.

Great to see you biting at the bit so soon after a high side! :)

I hadn't much choice lads. I had to ride it home from Waterford the next morning! :)

Thanks for all the well wishes folks. It was definitely a learning experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well thats a big first off, and by the looks of things you're exceptionally lucky to have escaped serious injury... Now chop & streetfighter the f*ck outta that thing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Glad your ok, that's the main thing! The bike can and by your posts will be fixed.

I'd also recommend Paddy Costello.

Here's 2 lists I found searching for breakers after my off.
    List 1
    List 2

Advertisement