Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure Filter for a pond

Options
  • 20-02-2013 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

350-400 liter pond coming along soon, well it's more of a water feature then anything else!!

I have a JBL E1500 that I'm going to use for the minute, does anyone have anything better suited for the future?

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

FR85 wrote: »
    350-400 liter pond coming along soon, well it's more of a water feature then anything else!!

I have a JBL E1500 that I'm going to use for the minute, does anyone have anything better suited for the future?

Thanks!

Do you really need a filter for a pond that size?

You'd be better stocking it with a mixture of aquatic plants and try to introduce some live daphnia in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭FR85

I know it's small, I was hoping to put something in it even for waterflow/aeration and then for water changes to be able to pump water out. I will be planting it also, Lillies and Canadian Pondweed.......

Would Daphnia benefit well, I've heard they are good as live food but will they do anything for filtration??!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

FR85 wrote: »
    I know it's small, I was hoping to put something in it even for waterflow/aeration and then for water changes to be able to pump water out. I will be planting it also, Lillies and Canadian Pondweed.......

Would Daphnia benefit well, I've heard they are good as live food but will they do anything for filtration??!!

I have personally found daphnia to be great for keeping down green algae in the water..some freshwater snails will help clean the sides also.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭FR85

I'll have a look at it is an option but I prefer the idea of filtration

Advertisement