Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 > TV via HDMI = Black Screen.

Options
  • 20-02-2013 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭

I had no idea where to throw this thread on hopefully it's in the right area.

I turned on my PS3 the other day and all I got was a black screen. I have it through the HDMI cable. The TV recognizes the resolution and the Hz and all that but there is not one picture showing on the screen.

It doesn't say "no signal" or anything, it's just a black screen. I then tried hooking it up to another TV and it worked fine. Picture came up and all.

Then I tried the first TV again, and I hooked it up via Component and it worked fine. I hooked the Xbox 360 up to the same HDMI output with the same cable and it came up perfectly fine. So, I'm stuck.

I did a number of different connections in various orders and I've comprised a list of the results I got;

PS3 > Samsung TV via HDMI = Not Working
    PS3 > Samsung TV via Component = Working

PS3 > Other TV via HDMI = Working
    PS3 > Other TV via Component = Working

Xbox 360 > Samsung TV via HDMI = Working
    Xbox 360 > Samsung TV via Component Working

Xbox 360 > Other TV via HDMI = Working
    Xbox 360 > Other TV via Component = Working

If it helps, this is the TV I have.

SAMSUNG LE40B530P7WXXU

I looked up on Google to see if anyone had the same problem, and although it seems like similar issues, they're on different models of the Samsung TV. I found nothing and nobody with the exact same problem as me and it's kind of irritating that this has happened to me. It was out of nowhere. It worked perfectly fine before and I've had this TV for over a year now and had no problems.

I hope someone can help me out here.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Connect your ps3 with HDMI. From an off red light state press and hold the power button to turn it on till it shuts down again. Once off release your finger and then press and hold again to turn on. It will beep once and then the second beeps release the on button. It should reset the ps3s video output to whatever is connected.

Copied from the FAQ sticky. Changed one word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Probably not the same but I had a similar problem when connecting via a Samsung AV receiver. Was on 3.55 at the time. After I updated the PS3 firmware it was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

Like F1ngers implied, you have to change PS3 output manually if you are just switching leads. You can do from setting on the xmb

Advertisement