Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice for Social Club work

• 20-02-2013 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

I volunteer once a week in a Social Club for Old Folks in Shandon, Cork City. my work comprises of helping as a Kitchen Assistant to provide a lunch for some elderly and some not so elderly residents of Shandon areas. We can cater for about 18 people max (currently the number is quite low (8-10) but we would like to cater for more than that and we'd like to have at least 15 people as a definte number each week. I have been asked to devise a system whereby we have 15-18 each week but we can't stretch beyond 18. It may be difficult to advertise it as we don't want a mass arrival of people but we also would never want to turn people away. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them and will gladly praise where credit is due - I am rubbish at thinking up ideas though I will have to get my thinking cap on too!!! Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭sky2424

Tell each current attendee that they can invite one guest, similar to the existing group profile, the following week. Should double your numbers nicely and lead to some nice interaction. Plus, I know if I got an offer to bring a friend, it'd make my day :)

Advertisement