Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone to sky

• 20-02-2013 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

My Vodafone broadband contract is ending on 10th March. I am planning to switch to sky after that but when i called vodafone they told me i need to give 30days notice. It doesn't make sense to me as i don't have a exact date when sky is able to activate there BB for me. Also i think switching is a changeover without any interruption in the service.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation? or any inputs which is helpful.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭homer911

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    My Vodafone broadband contract is ending on 10th March. I am planning to switch to sky after that but when i called vodafone they told me i need to give 30days notice. It doesn't make sense to me as i don't have a exact date when sky is able to activate there BB for me. Also i think switching is a changeover without any interruption in the service.

Thanks

I am going to terminate my business with vodafone - was planning to give 30 days notice, 30 days before the end of the contract - get some indication from Sky about the switchover process - personally I'm going to switch to UPC, so i'll end up with some overlap or gap one way or the other..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

30 days notice is standard; contact Sky and they should sort it out with Vodafone on exact date etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭jusvi2001

Thanks for all the suggestion

Does any one got Sky's Dublin support center number. i ring the number on their website which end up in UK and the guy over other has no clue about Broadband services here.

Also is there a free no to contact sky like vodafone's 1907

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

Thanks for all the suggestion

Does any one got Sky's Dublin support center number. i ring the number on their website which end up in UK and the guy over other has no clue about Broadband services here.

Also is there a free no to contact sky like vodafone's 1907

Did you try looking for the number here: http://contactus.sky.com/

I got through to their broadband support from there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Thanks

Be very careful about giving the responsibility to any isp to look after your notice period. The responsibility is yours (if there is such a requirement in your current contract)

There are reports elsewhere from people complaining that Sky assured them that everything would be ok and then Eircom billing them for the notice period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭djh2009

dub45 wrote: »
    Be very careful about giving the responsibility to any isp to look after your notice period. The responsibility is yours (if there is such a requirement in your current contract)

There are reports elsewhere from people complaining that Sky assured them that everything would be ok and then Eircom billing them for the notice period.

How do phone/ broadband companies get away with this scam of a 30 day notice to switch. Electricity / gas suppliers dont have it, and like other posters have mentioned its almost nigh on impossible to get the old and new to coordinate things between them thus ensuring you end up paying on the double for at least part of the changeover month. Its a scam and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 grahambol

I thought as long as you were out of contract with your previous supplier, you don't have to give them notice of switching, just contact the new supplier who will arrange everything? Surely Eircom are going against guidelines set by Comreg regarding this sort of thing, aren't they??

Advertisement