Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boredom

Options
  • 20-02-2013 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My bf seems to be bored to death at the weekends. But if I suggest something, he has no interest. What to do? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭changeling

Hi OP

Boredom is a state of mind , a losing of interest in life, this can get you down, continue with your own interests and make sure you don't get dragged down along with him, maybe if he sees you out and about having your own fun it might spark something in him. I know you want him to be with you but if he doesn't want to you really can't force him. Don't sit there with him in his 'boredom' be sure to maintain your friends and family by doing things with them and let him sit there by himself if he wants. You can't change somebody else you can only change yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eva100

That's useful. Thanks a lot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

(I will avoid all the obvious suggestions on how to amuse a bored man.... :-) )

You don't mention if he is under any stress at the moment or if there any money issues or is he just not a great social animal. More info would help.

Take a look at what he enjoys to do and see if you can surprise him with an treat of once off activity that he formerly enjoyed, perhaps you have very different tastes,

The best approach is to live your own life at your pace and give him the opportunities to join in, if he chooses not to do so then perhaps you have a choice to make.

Advertisement