Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lakes 10K 07/09/2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

4 stars (good)
    first time running it, but really enjoyed it despite the weather
    great organisation and atmosphere

Are there any photos posted??

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

wpd wrote: »
    first time running it, but really enjoyed it despite the weather
    great organisation and atmosphere

Are there any photos posted??

Cheers wpd, I haven't got the photos yet, will post up link as soon as I get them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

4 stars (good)
    Just to echo the positive feedback above, I really enjoyed this race, well organised and lovely how local people came out in the rain to support, and the muffins and goody bag were very welcome. I was a bit worried about parking in a field when it was such a wet morning but it was absolutely fine. Would definitely do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

4 stars (good)
    Thanks to the organisers for a great race. It's my third time to do it and I think it's hard to beat for organisation, atmosphere and goody bag. 5/5 from me, will be back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

4 stars (good)
    Just wanted to add to the thanks - it was a really great and well organised race, the atmosphere was great, between other runners and the locals cheering people on. Will definitely do it again next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

4 stars (good)
    My race report can be found at the following link; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86437758&postcount=166

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

From my race-report:

"Have to say thanks to Lakeshore Striders for an excellently organized race. Quick registration, simple bagdrop, compact ‘race-centre’, drummers, orderly marshalling, simple pace cards, good signage, KM markers along the route, well measured route, water in bottles, good run off area, friendly volunteers, chip times quickly posted, quality t-shirt, generous goodie bag, bananas, muffins and hot tea on a cold and wet morning. I finished thinking I can’t wait to run this race again next year. 5 out of 5."

Full race report here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86443446&postcount=779

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ftoolio

Hi All,

Just to add my tuppance worth, fantastic race, it was my first time doing it. Extremely well organised, from registration to marshalling to the finish. I had heard there was a "bit of a hill" at 6km, bloody hell that knocked the stuffing out of me.

Was there a free T-Shirt??? I got the goodie bag alright.

Thanks
    Fergus

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭FITZA

4 stars (good)
    ftoolio wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just to add my tuppance worth, fantastic race, it was my first time doing it. Extremely well organised, from registration to marshalling to the finish. I had heard there was a "bit of a hill" at 6km, bloody hell that knocked the stuffing out of me.

Was there a free T-Shirt??? I got the goodie bag alright.

Thanks
    Fergus

If you registered by a certain date (August 1st I think!) you had the option of ordering a T-Shirt. Was disappointed I hadn't ordered one when I saw them on Saturday.:(

Thanks for that! Cracking race, ill be back next year to try knock a few seconds on this years time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Lad Of Banter

1 star (terrible)
    great race, definitly do it again next year.

Can someone explain the difference between gross result and net result? (Sorry, first time doing something like this)... :confused:

Hi,

Gross is the time from when the race starts, net is from when you cross the start line.

Net is your finish time! Never worry about gross time.

Make sense?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

4 stars (good)
    My first proper 10k race too. I really enjoyed it. The signs for the hill were a laugh, even though I felt like turning back. The t shirts are lovely, will definitely be wearing them out training on the roads. Will definitely be signing up for it again next year. Got a great time too, hopefully by next year, I'll be breaking 45 minutes.

4 stars (good)
    Anyone find any pics of the day
    I know last years are on the website so was hoping for some of this year

4 stars (good)
    wpd wrote: »
    Anyone find any pics of the day
    I know last years are on the website so was hoping for some of this year

I read on The Lakes Facebook page that pics might be posted last weekend...I haven't seen any yet! Great pics from other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

4 stars (good)
    Photos ??? Seriously, why would anybody want photos of themselves running on what was a miserable day in terms of weather. At least with previous years the sun was shining but this year it was sh1t. The course was accurate, fast and the organisation was top notch. What more do people want?

Besides are the people who turn up at races and take photos not just people who are interested in photography and it is generally done on a voluntary basis?
    They are not obliged to upload all their photos to Racepix and other social media outlets. Some of the pics that are uploaded to those sites are just plain awful.
    Jeeezus christ no matter how well something is organised, people always find something to complain about.:mad:

4 stars (good)
    I was not blaming organisers on lack of photos

would like to see how tired and wet i look at finish

Looking forward to doing it again next year

Photos haven't gone up yet as I have not got them yet.

This is the 1st year we've a had facebook page & I'm the only one on the race committee with a facebook account so it falls solely to me.

Photographer was there on voluntary basis, he & I both have full time jobs. I was up to my eyes last week (wife away & minding baby & working) & racing in Athlone on Saturday so you'll excuse me if putting photos on Facebook was down my list of priorities.

If it's going to be something that disappoints you about a race you are going to be very disappointed from some races out there that have a higher standard than ourselves.

We try to deliver a good quality event on the the day & something like getting photos up is not a priority, rightly or wrongly.

antomagoo wrote: »
    Photos haven't gone up yet as I have not got them yet.

This is the 1st year we've a had facebook page & I'm the only one on the race committee with a facebook account so it falls solely to me.

Photographer was there on voluntary basis, he & I both have full time jobs. I was up to my eyes last week (wife away & minding baby & working) & racing in Athlone on Saturday so you'll excuse me if putting photos on Facebook was down my list of priorities.

If it's going to be something that disappoints you about a race you are going to be very disappointed from some races out there that have a higher standard than ourselves.

We try to deliver a good quality event on the the day & something like getting photos up is not a priority, rightly or wrongly.

Might be a bit disingenuous with this comment, I'll withdraw it.

4 stars (good)
    Just checked your website....great photos...well done!

• Advertisement
Advertisement