Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shure E3 replacement

• 20-02-2013 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Unfortunately it looks like my E3's are on their last legs...albeit almost 8 years after the original purchase.

The latest is that the left side has started crackling and/or losing sound altogether and this is annoying the hell out of me.

I've been pretty much prolonging their existence for the last year or so: the wax filters had to be removed as they were muffling all sound & also had to glue back on both stems in the last few months as they broke off.

I like the isolation (keeps train announcements from annoying me) and, while I listen to a wide range of stuff, I've never really had any major complaints about the sound signature. I know one of the common complaints on these was the lack of bass but tbh I don't think they need a huge amount more.

I'm not much good at describing the sound I'm after - I would like something that is detailed, clear and natural but without being too sterile if that makes sense.

I usually use them at my desk, on the train & walking to/from said train. They are not the best for walking though as footsteps are amplified - though this may be a problem with all IEMs?

I wear these with the wires up and over my ears and find that quite comfortable so I'll probably go for the same again.

Would somewhere in the region of €100 - €200 get me decent replacements?

What would people recommend? I quite like the idea of the 425 or maybe UM2 but they would really really push the budget!!!

Comments

Advertisement