Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get wheel alingment/tracking done?

• 20-02-2013 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I need the tracking done on my van. Anyone know a decently priced plance in limerick that will do it?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Hanover tyres on the ballysimon rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Tyre stop in Michael St

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Limerick Tyre Centre in Raheen (opposit the Toyota dealer).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

bazz26 wrote: »
    Limerick Tyre Centre in Raheen (opposit the Toyota dealer).

+1 for this place - pleasure to deal with too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Victory Tyres, Lelia St just off Clare St, Paul should sort you out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Limerick Tyre Centre did mine last time, very nice guys there. Good prices on tyres too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

You won't go wrong with either limerick tyre center or victory types. I've used both and would recommend both. The guys that own both seem to be decent and very accommodating anytime I've used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 bulldozer1

thanks for the replies.

so i rang a few places. the cheapest i got was champion tyres on st patricks road at 15 euro. so went to them the other day. whatever they did anyway didnt work. im clueless when it comes to this stuff so maybe its not the tracking that is making it pull to the right. i had rang victory tyres and they said its unusual for it to pull to the right?!
    but anyway the boys at champion tyres just used this manual device to check it. i thought it had to be put up on a ramp at least. i figured getting the tracking done should be the same from garage to garage.
    so limerick tyre centre will do it for 25, so am i wasting my money taking it to them or should i just take it to a mechanic??
    i should prob be posting this in the motors forum.

and might i add that the lads at champion tyres are sound dudes.
    prob just my van.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

bulldozer1 wrote: »
    thanks for the replies.

so i rang a few places. the cheapest i got was champion tyres on st patricks road at 15 euro. so went to them the other day. whatever they did anyway didnt work. im clueless when it comes to this stuff so maybe its not the tracking that is making it pull to the right. i had rang victory tyres and they said its unusual for it to pull to the right?!
    but anyway the boys at champion tyres just used this manual device to check it. i thought it had to be put up on a ramp at least. i figured getting the tracking done should be the same from garage to garage.
    so limerick tyre centre will do it for 25, so am i wasting my money taking it to them or should i just take it to a mechanic??
    i should prob be posting this in the motors forum.

and might i add that the lads at champion tyres are sound dudes.
    prob just my van.

What do you mean by manual device? Was there a pc connected to it?it wasn't on a lift?
    Id imagine from what your saying they were using the old method of tracking which wouldn't be great. Would you not just take it to one of the places that was recommend to you and get them to do it. Victory and limerick tyre center will sort it if its tracking and if not they will at least point you in the right direction. The smallest adjustment in the tracking can make a massive difference to performance and from experience if the guy doing it isn't willing to get it bang on its probably not going to be right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

this method is years old, required is a helper and a lenght of string, place one end of the string against a back wheel, run it against the front wheel, if the tracking is out it is obvious, ajust the tracking until both wheels are in line, now the same on the other side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

Paul at Victory always checks the condition of the steering etc before tracking

if any thing is defective (worn joints etc) he usually advises to get this work first and then come back to get alignment done,

Advertisement