Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomendations on WARM casual riding jacket

Options
  • 20-02-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Oh my good god yet another cold snap and its set to continue :(

I badly need a new casual jacket but needs to be suitable for riding so cant be restrictive & MUST be super warm. Oh and nothing mad expensive:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

I have a mark todd one from equestrian clearence for around 40 and love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Ski jacket! Colemans in sandyford do them and theyre reasonable -around 60 euro or so i think - i have an eider one from snow and rock i use for skiing but to be honest its 95% horses and 5% skiing :D there is actually nothing to compete with them for heat, and also another aspect i love about them is they have zips on the sides and arms designed to cool you down; so im nice and cosy for pottering around the yard and then i can cool down by opening them if i get too warm riding without having to take the jacket off!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Meg meg

These are great jackets,I have two.
    Completely waterproof and warm.Will fit a back protector under it if needed.I wear mine all the time!!
    You can get them in adult sizes in their store.
    I normally buy a new one at the Rds each year as they do be only €20.But you can't go wrong with it.
    Comes in baby blueor pink or navy

http://www.holmesteadsaddlery.com/product.php?id=1324&catid=61&currency=euro

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I love the Corrib jackets from Horseware. I've got 2 of them, one of which I've had since about 2008 and it's only just starting to get a little 'tired' (and it's only been worn around the yard, so lots of hard wear and tear at least 3-4 days a week). The last one I got was at the RDS 3 years ago, and it's still perfect. The jackets have a shell outside and a lovely fleece lining to keep you nice and warm.

Here's a link: http://www.horseware.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=206%3Ahorseware-unisex-aw12&catid=39%3Aclothing-aw12&Itemid=65

Not sure how well that's going to work as I could only get the jackets up on a slideshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nolimits12

I love musto! Had my jackets for about 6 years now they've been washed a lot and they are still the same colour and shape. Really warm and cosy too!

You can get them in the Kildare Village outlet shop for pretty reasonable prices now. I got a body warmer in there for 30 a few months back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

I have one of the homestead ones above and find it rides up so i end up with a chill on my back, also mine isnt completely waterproof anymore, i end up soaked if im out in the rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I have one of the homestead ones above and find it rides up so i end up with a chill on my back, also mine isnt completely waterproof anymore, i end up soaked if im out in the rain!

Me too. It's grand and warm for doing bits around the yard but when I ride it moves up and pushes my back protector out of place.

I'm thinking of getting this one when funds allow:

https://www.equestrianclearance.com/ekkia/equi-theme-master-pro-parka-adults/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Meg meg

Well I can say I've never had a problem with mine(Homestead one) I do be as dry as a bone after wearing it no matter snow or rain.They wash well also I have found (Well in my case) Wear them all the time-riding and just around the yard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Love my SSL jacket :)

Advertisement