Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milan v Barca

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lovely goal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Class goal.

Unreal.

Niang and El Shawaray with a class set up, and Muntari bangs it home.

Barca on the verge of an early exit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Great goal Sulley!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

If Milan score at Camp Nou, Barca will need 4. Barca in big trouble after this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

2 former portsmouth players scoring for AC milan!
    quality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Excellent goal!

Portsmouth 2-0 barcalona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

So that's how you beat Barca.

Their 7/1 pre-match odds are looking very generous now. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Great play by Milan. Barca look completely clueless tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Totally deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Good stuff, well deserved. Barca haven't created a single chance all game, ridiculous that they keep going straight down the middle when its so crowded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mad to think that two former Portsmouth players have got the goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Great to see Barca getting knocked off their perch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Barca will need to get a goal tonight or they are going out.
    They have been woeful tonight,no urgency at all ,some of the players need a good boot up the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Barca in crisis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Barca look completely clueless tonight.

just goes to show what hard work and high tempo pressing can achieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

There's gonna be loads of stoppage time with the injuries, goals and those subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Id be wary of saying Barca are going out, even at 2-0. Milan will have to defend even more than they have tonight. 2 off nights in a row for Barca is very rare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

nummnutts wrote: »
    So that's how you beat Barca.

Their 7/1 pre-match odds are looking very generous now. :eek:

And that 70 quid I won is looking mighty fine :D

Five minutes Platini time. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Milan have done very well to keep Messi, Sanchez and Pedro quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ballotelli and co doing the Harlem shake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Corholio wrote: »
    2 off nights in a row for Barca is very rare.

Not quite!

Chelsea, Inter, United have beaten them over 2 legs in the last 5 years and to be honest, Barca were by no means spectacular in any of those 6 games. no reason why Milan cant make it 8....they will never have a better chance of beating them now.

one goal for milan in the away leg and this is over....the next two minutes is vital though, a Barca goal here and its their tie. at 2-0, its advantage Milan.

Edit : lets not forget Celtic pegged Barca considerably also over both legs, not just in Glasgow.

Corholio wrote: »
    Id be wary of saying Barca are going out, even at 2-0. Milan will have to defend even more than they have tonight. 2 off nights in a row for Barca is very rare.

If Milan get one at the Nou Camp Barca will need 4 and Barca's defence is like a sieve at the moment.
    They only seem to be doing just enough to win matches over the last few months and tonight they have been caught out.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    And that 70 quid I won is looking mighty fine :D

I'm gutted now that I didn't throw a couple of euro on it. Those odds were huge, regardless of the opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Perfect performance v Barca.

Thank you Milan :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Absolutely delighted!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What an utterly brilliant display by Milan. Full of admiration for them.

Brilliant to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Can't see Barca keeping a clean sheet in Camp Nou.

Where are Giles and Dunphy when you need them? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sanchez did feck all when he came on, pointless sub. Milan were superb, should be an excellent second leg, barca have to go all out

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Don't think I've ever been a more proud fan in my life.

Completely deserved. To limit that Barca team to one shot on target is some effort.

Constant awesome, Ambrosini awesome, Boateng Awesome. Niang showed so much class when he came on too.

Milan actually played football the second half and were rewarded for it with an appalling referee decision and a great second goal. Barca punished for not being more aggressive in attack. 2-0 is a nice lead to take to the Nou Camp but this is far from over and will make the 2nd leg far more exciting than if it was 0-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Barca entered the kind of possession based performance that made it clear that they would have been content with 0-0. The first goal wrecks that, awful refereeing decision, Barca have to search for a goal and Milan score a second and give Barcelina a real task in the second leg.

However this is the greatest club team in the world, it may be the greatest team that football has ever had and it will be at the Camp Nou where a ferocious atmosphere is guaranteed. The great teams are that because of overcoming odds like these in games, Barcelona are more than a great team, I think they will prove it in the second leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Give me a team that sets out their stall to contain their opponents so brilliantly (Milan) over a team that dominates possession but are boring to watch (Barca) any day of the week. The sense of entitlement some of those Barca players seem to hold in terms of expecting every decision to be given their way is sickening. Pique is Luiz mark II as well!

roanoke wrote: »
    Brilliant defensive performance there. Other teams have outwitted Barca by parking the bus but that was something else. I don't think Barca had a shot on target in the whole game? Anyway, I'd strongly fancy Milan to see it out in the second leg now.

They hardly had a shot on goal against Real Madrid 2 weeks ago either.
    They looked very sloppy that night ,far too one paced and predictable.
    That is a very poor Milan team .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Magnificent display, fully deserved.

Mexes, Constant, Montolivio and SES all brilliant. Superhuman effort.

Give me a team that sets out their stall to contain their opponents so brilliantly (Milan) over a team that dominates possession but are boring to watch (Barca) any day of the week. The sense of entitlement some of those Barca players seem to hold in terms of expecting every decision to be given their way is sickening. Pique is Luiz mark II as well!

What an extremely paradoxical thing to say. When a team that sets out their 'stall to contain', they have set out to defend and be boring. So you seem to enjoy boring teams and if Barca are a boring team then you prefer Barca!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

You mean a world class centre back with outstanding technical ability?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Pique is Luiz mark II as well!
    Pique has been pretty poor for awhile now. I never saw the fuss with him myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Great result for Milan...dodgy first goal and a class second one. Still wouldn't write Barca off...the Milan team will have to up their game even more for the 2nd leg and I would expect one or two Drogba-esque performances from Milan players.

You mean a world class centre back with outstanding technical ability?

No. A centre back more comfortable going forward with the ball at his feet trying to start attacks but fairly suspect when it comes to the art of defending.

I'm sorry though. I forgot it's against the rules to criticise a Barca/Spanish player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Ruud pissing himself at Jamie's incompetence.

No. A centre back more comfortable going forward with the ball at his feet trying to start attacks but fairly suspect when it comes to the art of defending.

I'm sorry though. I forgot it's against the rules to criticise a Barca/Spanish plaer

Where are these rules?:confused:

Pique has been pretty poor for awhile now. I never saw the fuss with him myself.

Ever since he hooked up with Shakira he has been poor.

As for Luiz,the man is a donkey .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I'm sorry though. I forgot it's against the rules to criticise a Barca/Spanish plaer

Only if they have beaten your team then its acceptable around here.

Assume they have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Great result for Milan...dodgy first goal and a class second one. Still wouldn't write Barca off...the Milan team will have to up their game even more for the 2nd leg and I would expect one or two Drogba-esque performances from Milan players.
    the 1st goal wasn't dodgy it hit Zapata's head

Where are these rules?:confused:

Unwritten rules! Be it online, or through my Barca supporting friends, they jump down my throat at the very hint of criticism of their players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Ever since he hooked up with Shakira he has been poor.

As for Luiz,the man is a donkey .

In fairness, if I hooked up with Shakira I wouldn't be able to walk at all.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Barca entered the kind of possession based performance that made it clear that they would have been content with 0-0. The first goal wrecks that, awful refereeing decision, Barca have to search for a goal and Milan score a second and give Barcelina a real task in the second leg.

However this is the greatest club team in the world, it may be the greatest team that football has ever had and it will be at the Camp Nou where a ferocious atmosphere is guaranteed. The great teams are that because of overcoming odds like these in games, Barcelona are more than a great team, I think they will prove it in the second leg.

Wow what a way to totally overlook the Milan performance.

Advertisement