Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomato Alfredo sauce

Options
  • 20-02-2013 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a recipe for tomato alfredo sauce, I'd really appreciate some suggestions/recipes.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Alfredo is typically a creamy, rich sauce with butter and parmesan. Are you looking for a version that just includes tomatoes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Faith wrote: »
    Alfredo is typically a creamy, rich sauce with butter and parmesan. Are you looking for a version that just includes tomatoes?

That's exactly what I am looking for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Toast4532 wrote: »
    That's exactly what I am looking for :)

Why not just use a regular alfredo recipe and add the tomatoes yourself, then?

Sorry, I know that sounds facetious, but I'm being genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Why not just use a regular alfredo recipe and add the tomatoes yourself, then?

Sorry, I know that sounds facetious, but I'm being genuine.

There are so many recipes out there that I don't know what type of recipe to go for.

I mean, some say parmesan and butter, others include parmesan/butter/cream and others call for cream cheese etc so I'm a bit lost as to which type to go for to add to that a lot of recipes I've found are American and I'm looking for a recipe with UK measurements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I've one buried in a scrapbook somewhere, I'll dig it out for you. I used to love it but kind of weaned myself of the really heavy, buttery, cheesy (sacrilicious!) recipes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/652044
    How about something like this penne vodka? It's pretty rich but good hangover food! You could always add a few actual tomatoes to make it a bit more tomatoey

Advertisement