Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant ban for asking one question

Options
  • 20-02-2013 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I was banned instantly from Ladies lounge after, out of curiosity, asking one single question. Wouldn't simply closing the thread, explaining why, and give me a first warning be the proper action?

Lucyfur banned me and after PM-ing her back and forth I still don't know why I was banned other than being uncivil. I don't know how I was being uncivil or what about my post was uncivil, and I would like to know this. Lucyfur admitted that I was not aggressive or confrontational but has still not explained what about my post was uncivil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83223545

The thread in question. Just to add that we've already spoken about this by PM, and in my view the ban is entirely justified.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 46 elpipe

Scofflaw wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83223545

The thread in question. Just to add that we've already spoken about this by PM, and in my view the ban is entirely justified.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

No, we haven't really spoken about this in PM. The conversations have been me asking for clarification and trying discuss the reason for the ban and a possible lifting of the ban. I am only met by moderators avoiding my questions and not explaining why I have been banned. You are doing the same thing Lucyfur have been doing now.

"It needs no explanation" is not an explanation (it clearly needs an explanation as I don't understand why I were banned). You have also shown that you have no interest in finding out what my motivation for posting the question was but instead writing me off as a troll without a second thought, and that is very crude and arrogant from your side.

And if you have no interest in discussing this matter, why did you then ask me to create this thread in the PM to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

The process on Boards.ie is that you are offered the option of opening a thread here if you disagree with the reason(s) you are given for a ban or infraction. Or feel you have been dealt with poorly.

I agree with the (C)Mods. "Your ban needs no explanation". Your post was very specific (including picture linked by you). If you had read the Charter for that group you would have seen that your post was unacceptable.

The ban stays, closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement