Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claim Tax Credits from HSF?

Options
  • 20-02-2013 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

So I have been a "member" with HSF for ~2 years now - on their 12€ per week plan. Great for covering glasses, dental etc - gives me peace of mind.

However - the other day I hear that you can claim some of that back via Revenue? So I have been looking around on Paye Anytime - but can't really figure out where to input said data.

Would any of you smart people be able to assist me on this one?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭phormium

Any medical expenses not reimbursed from any other source such as HSF or health insurance can be claimed on a MED 1 form, not sure where it fits into the online system. You can claim back the standard rate of tax on the amount spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I think HSF deduct tax at sourse, like the other health insurance providers.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/authorised-insurers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

The weekly membership you pay to the Hospital Saturday Fund , is not tax allowable .

However , as said above , any medical expenses not re-imbursed to you can be claimed on a Med 1 Form

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Akvavit

Alright - I expected this to be the case. But wanted to follow up on this one :)

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated!

Advertisement