Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 206 (1.1) loosing rev's at high speed mystery

Options
  • 20-02-2013 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all,

I've recently bought a 2nd hand Peugeot 206 (1.1l, 2001, 80,000miles). Recently, I've started to experience an engine problem, specifically the following;

When traveling in 5th gear at approx 80-100km/hr, the rev counter starts to drop by about 500-1000rpm and I loose speed as a result (about 20km/hr)! Pumping the accelerator seems to relieve the problem, but only slightly.

This problem doesn't arise all the time and only seems to happen at relatively high speeds. Car seems fine during city driving. No engine light comes on and no other problems are evident (yet).

I brought it to a mechanic and they didn't find any obvious issues with the car. I've checked the air filter myself (new, clean). Besides this, I'm stumped.

Would anybody have any idea what this might be or have similar issues been shown with 206's? Can provide further info on request.

Cheers

Advertisement