Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Enthusiast Log

• 21-02-2013 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭

Ive been thinking about starting one of these for a while now. It is more to keep track of my own betting than actually achieve a target.

I am interested in literally most sports. So the selections might vary from Horse Racing to Golf to Cycling to Ice Hockey etc...
    Really depends on where i can see the best edge. It might not be a daily thing basically whenever i have a bet i will post here and hopefully i can keep this relatively updated.

I will start with an initial balance of 0 units and go from there.
    Units are whatever you want them to be. Bets will be between 0.25-10 and mostly singles.

More than likely all prices and bets will be placed on betfair and on sports like golf i will probably be doing some in running trading so i will stick that up to.

Hopefully i dont make to much of a fool of myself wish me luck.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Philadelphia@Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh 60min @ 1.95 - 6u

St Louis@Colorado - St Louis Moneyline @ 1.87 - 4u

Balance: -10

I will probably start writing a quick review as to why i am going with each bet starting soon.

Ok terrible result the other night with both teams losing.
    Pittsburgh in a 5-6 goal fest where they really should have won.
    I didnt see the other game but St Louis lost 1-0

Gonna stick with Hockey for the time being.

Just 1 game i have interest in tonight. While the Blackhawks have probably been a bit lucky to keep there unbeaten record alive through 16 games they fully deserve to sweep this San Jose team aside at home in the United Centre on their way to greater things.
    I have been massively impressed with the Blackhawks this season and when pricing up this game i had them at around the 4/5 mark for the 60min line. They are available at the moment at 5/4 so i think there is huge mileage in this price and i am going for a max play on this 1.

San Jose @ Chicago - Chicago 60min line @2.2 - 10u

Balance: -20

Ok nice win from the Blackhawks on Friday
    After commission balance is up to

• Advertisement

1 bet today on the racing. I have been waiting for a while to Moscow mannon running again. While he faces a stiff task running against some likeable sorts. I wouldn't normally bet in this type of event but the price is right at 9

3.35 naas
    Moscow mannon - 2u win @ 9 and 4u place @ 3.2

Balance: -4.6

Was taking somewhat of a chance with Moscow Mannon. Finished a poor 4th i think.

Anyway onwards and upwards. Back to the Hockey. The Blackhawks are playing again tonight and somehow they are still putting the 60min line up at very tasty odds. Edmonton are by far a weaker team than the Sharks team the hawks faced on Friday and i see nothing only a comfortable win in the United Centre.
    Also had a small bet on pacific division leaders Anaheim on the road to a fairly average side in the LA Kings.

Bets are
    Edmonton @ Chicago - Chicago 60min line @1.95 - 5u

Anaheim @ Los Angeles - Anaheim 60min line @3.2 - 3u

Balance: -12.6

Advertisement