Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Sessions 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Great line up here lads. If you haven't seen fat freddys drop live, they are worth the trip alone. Gilles Peterson, Dj yoda, mr scruff are well worth it too. Prob won't make it as bun is in the oven so might keep my festie needs to somewhere closer

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SBizzle

Bowlardo wrote: »
    ~I'd say they'd be grand to be honest. jsut pal in beside someone older. someone will help you out

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

AineM8 wrote: »
    Any hints on the festival?

It'll be our first time heading up. The line up is amazing! I've seen Fat Freddies and Xavier Rudd in Melbourne when I was over there. They both are brilliant acts! then to follow it up with Bastille. BOOM!

I've heard rummors of terrrible winds... 'nearly blown off the cliff' someone put it...

Any advice would help. =D

well being right on the Atlantic with the wind rushing in it can get quite rough, last year was near hurricane if memory serves me correct.

a look at trees and bushes along the roads and that in the area and you'll see them bent over away from the sea.

So yes it will more than likely be windy (not gale force but ya know) but then again it could be dead that weekend (hope not) but as long as its not raining its grand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Quick question - anyone know when the early bird/cheaper weekend camping tickets sell out and how much is the full price ticket? Had a quick look at the website but no joy

there is no camping tickets left,

normal 3 day pass is about 80 or 90

There are meant to be "unofficial sites" for camping though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I managed to get a camping ticket this morning for 99...

I managed to get a camping ticket this morning for 99...

serious? dammit they had none when i asked 3 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

Never been but won tickets in a Facebook competition today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jossys_giants

hello

Love the old Sea Sessions. This year will be the 5th in 6 years. Book into a hotel, bit long in the tooth for the old camping. Alot of bands playing I havent had the pleasure of seeing yet, but really looking forward to Therapy?, the Franks and Vann. Off home Sunday morning so unfortunately missing Le Galaxie. Super vibe, good size of a crowd, and the craic apres the festival in the town is good value

keep 'er lit!

oh, and congrats Hollzy. It all helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Joekers

Many going to this ? Going to pick up some tickets Monday morning

at least 6, 7 if you include yourself

danniemcq wrote: »
    at least 6, 7 if you include yourself

Thats enough :pac: Ever been before ?

Joekers wrote: »
    Thats enough :pac: Ever been before ?

Nope, Mates have but we haven't. We're being all proper though. Got a house rented for the weekend!

Benefits of having one of your party pregnant!

Nope, Mates have but we haven't. We're being all proper though. Got a house rented for the weekend!

Benefits of having one of your party pregnant!

Ah very snazzy, hopefully the rain will hold off and itll be a decent weekend, they arnt strict with bring drink in are they ? I presume its just the usual no glass bottles etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Anyone have the timetable for the bands?
    no sign of it on the website or maybe I'm blind..
    I can see that it is on facebook but I'm in work and don't have access

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Anyone have the timetable for the bands?
    no sign of it on the website or maybe I'm blind..
    I can see that it is on facebook but I'm in work and don't have access

Not sure if your work will block it but try this:

1014545_10151740246409369_2080635161_o.jpg

i have a jpeg of it..cant seem to upload. Could email it to you

Fri: Therapy? @ 9pm on the main stage, The Frank & Walters @ 11:45pm on the Vodafone stage...NICE!

their app is live on the google play store. shows the timetables

• Advertisement

Not sure if your work will block it but try this:

1014545_10151740246409369_2080635161_o.jpg

thanks but can't see it ah it's nearly home time

anyone what the weather is meant to be like there for the weekend?

anyone what the weather is meant to be like there for the weekend?

cloudy with showers is the word with temps of just under 20. With wind though it may feel colder.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/bundoran/793/weekend-weather/793

although its Donegal so that can change very quickly.

Anyone know the story with cans?

Guessing like all other gigs no cans in arena till after bar closes but what about just in general on beach or in and around town?

Anyone know the story with cans?

Guessing like all other gigs no cans in arena till after bar closes but what about just in general on beach or in and around town?

I'd imagine it will be fairly relaxed in fairness. I am going to presuem you can drink on the beach until instructed otherwise by people in authority:)

Yeah I'm hoping there'll be plenty of bins on the beach!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Anyone like to report back on this?

Heard the wind closed a couple of tents for a time?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Anyone like to report back on this?

Heard the wind closed a couple of tents for a time?

Yea heard that aswell . The Minutes had to cancel their headline slot on the Vodafone Stage on the Sat night due to the wind

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Before I begin, I really enjoyed sat and sun...

However, On Friday It was full of young drinkers who were completely ****ed up and plainly couldn't handle themselves, yes there were drunken older fans as bad there too but the sheer amount of under agers and young adults puking or falling over and being annoying at best was insane. People we snapping in the crowd and some fights broke out.

The atmosphere was tense at times compared to other yrs... Bastille eventually ruined by crowd surfing fighting and moshing in front of the main stage. 2 dumbass scroats called to our accom on Fri nite after 4am asking if we had any yokes then tried to force their way in. Ill go again next yr but hope it is better policed.

I'm not some old fart. I was pretty drunk too but there's drunk and theres stomach pumpingly retardedly wasted. I wouldnt be surprised if a lot of folks don't remember Fri night at all.

Bottom line is its no longer as chilled as before and I pray it goes back to that next yr. Thank god out was a music AND surf festival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Definitely a younger crowd profile on the Friday night which seemed to even out over the weekend. Loved the beats and the location, weather could have been better, that breeze made it seem a lot colder than it was. Wasn't impressed on the Sunday when I went in at 4.30 on my own to see Norman Jay and the tent was closed. Hung around for an hour and half with no one able to tell me anything so I decide to head back to the tent. Of course, once there I see a photo of him up on twitter playing in the beer tent. Communications should have been better, could have used twitter to let us know when things were being moved about.

That said, I had a top weekend...

Advertisement