Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Sessions 2013

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

Would agree the crowd seemed noticeably younger on Friday night. A lot of them were hammered by the time we landed down around 7pm, so it was no wonder some clown was throwing things at Beardyman just before the end of his set.
    I thought that might set the tone for a frustrating weekend of young people acting the dick but after that it was all good. Loved the craic in the Desperados Dome and heard some genuinely outstanding sets in there - Greg Wilson, Dead Prezidents, Aeroplane, Mr Scruff etc.
    Surprised how much I enjoyed Fat Freddy's Drop, who were fantastic, and Xavier Rudd, who just seemed so right at that time on Sunday evening. To be honest, all the music I heard was really good... nobody seemed to just go through the motions.
    We weren't camping so I imagine things were a lot tougher for those needing to get through the storms, especially on Sunday morning when it was awful. But it didn't seem to dampen the spirits from what I could see.
    All in all, a hugely enjoyable weekend and I hope it's back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Joekers

Best festival ive ever been to, weather wasnt great but the atmosphere and friendliness was just electric all weekend. Campsite was well run with lots of security on site and no trouble at all that we seen, the main arena was excellent but was also disappointed not to see the minutes or nobody really known why they wernt playing (only found out after coming home was due to high winds) but other that that all the acts we seen were fantastic and really put on a good show.

Highlights of the weekend were The Strypes Dj Yoda and Le Galaxie closing on the Sunday were excellent.

After the music finished each night we hit the main st and all the pubs were just buzzing till closing.

Cant wait for Sea Sessions 2014 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Been at a few other festivals and this has so much promise but just didn't quite make it imo.

heard nasty reports about campsite on Friday night and some people left Saturday morning due to it. Security was apparently useless in that situation. I didn't see any of it myself as i wasn't camping but heard it on good authority.

Security on way into the arena was wayyyyy to tight. I have never been so thoroughly searched before and that included the gig the day after the stabbings last year, and what really pissed me off is the weapons search guys getting so happy and passing cans to each other when they were found. If you are taking cans off people throw them out don't act like dicks in front of people and if you aren't allowed cans please ensure you can actually get drink inside. EP does this perfect, when bars are closed take in cans. here they didn't even serve Kopperberg till after 6 in the afternoon.

Weather - not much you can do

Bands - Very good selection for the price and had a great time

• Registered Users Posts: 35 redstarmark

Nice little highlight video for those who went or want to see what it was like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhafJ4KoOGQ&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭captainkeg

Thought it was pretty bad form how uncommunicative they were about closing down tents, I really wanted to see the minutes. They could have posted something up on Twitter or facebook, they were doing enough pimping on it all weekend. I havent seen an apology anywhere, that was not exceptional weather for a seaside town in Ireland in June. A few people posted politely looking for info on their facebook page and they were ignored
    Aside from that, enjoyed some of the music, but not the general ambience around the town, festival site. Im prob too old for it anyway (30). Too much drunken messiness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

danniemcq wrote: »
    Been at a few other festivals and this has so much promise but just didn't quite make it imo.

heard nasty reports about campsite on Friday night and some people left Saturday morning due to it. Security was apparently useless in that situation. I didn't see any of it myself as i wasn't camping but heard it on good authority.

Security on way into the arena was wayyyyy to tight. I have never been so thoroughly searched before

I seen nothing bad at campsite on the Friday night but I was at top half of it, maybe it was down the back.

Completely agree about the security! The frisking was way too thorough! She pretty much got to 2nd base.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jossys_giants

Not long to go now to the old Sea Sessions :-)

Will be in for the Friday / Saturday (the old bones couldnt take the 3 days).

Band wise, on Friday, I'm really looking forward to The Vincents and The Dandy Warhols. Sat, Funeral Suits, FF and the Minutes. Anyone recommend any bands worth checking out on the Fri / Sat.

Hopefully the weather is a bit better this year, as a few early beers on the beach would be nice. Anyways, might see ye's in Brennan's for a stout or 2

Keep 'er lit and pray to the sun gods

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Can I have a lend of your time machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Thought this was the 2014 thread, looked at the timetable and seen Mr Scruff was playing, was thinking to myself he played last year didn't he, then I saw it was the bloody timetable for 2013, feck it, I thought he was playing again.:(

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement