Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any way of blocking or diverting certain numbers from ringing and texting?

• 21-02-2013 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

I've an annoying stalker-type person who relentlessly texts and phones me for the last few weeks. This person is being totally ignored but still persists.
    Is there any way I can divert their calls or block them? My iPhone is not jailbroken so I'd need some kind of app available on iTunes or if possible to either forward their calls to a busy tone or something??? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I've an annoying stalker-type person who relentlessly texts and phones me for the last few weeks. This person is being totally ignored but still persists.
    Is there any way I can divert their calls or block them? My iPhone is not jailbroken so I'd need some kind of app available on iTunes or if possible to either forward their calls to a busy tone or something??? Thanks

Yes, but you'll have to jailbreak your iPhone. There's an app called iBlacklist that will do the job. Otherwise set their ring & text tone to silent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

There's a 'do not disturb' option on latest versions of software.
    When phone is in lock mode, only people in your favourite's list can call you.
    Anyone else gets a call dropped tone when they call, their txts get thru but your phone remains silent.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Call your network, they can do it in 2 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

With iblacklist, does it have the option to forward text messages from the intended recipient to a different number? Like the text is sent to your child's phone, but you receive it.

Advertisement