Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Withdraw IEC Application

Options
  • 21-02-2013 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi guys,

So basically I was offered a research job in Toronto, starting late 2013, applied for my visa, got the conditional acceptance, everything fine and dandy.

Last week I got an email from the institute I was supposed to work in, funding got cut and I won't be able to get in there till late 2014/early 2015 at the very earliest. Which, frankly, is pretty s**t as I don't want to go over unless I've a job sorted.

I know the LOIs for the 24 month visa seem to be valid for 2 years after acceptance so I'd be fine to continue with stage two and be able to go over on this visa but obviously this isn't fair to those who are on the waiting list and need to go over this year, to continue their stay or for work reasons, etc., so I'm hoping to cancel my visa application and apply again next year, if this is at all possible. If so, how do I go about it and am I still eligible to apply again next year having not submitted step two yet and therefore not received the LOI? I know I could wait it out until the conditional acceptance expires, but obviously as there are so many people on the wait list to get their visa and need to get over asap for whatever reason, I'd like to cancel it straight away and give someone else a chance at going over this year.

Any help with this would be great guys! Thanks in advance! :)

Advertisement