Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facial in Swords/NCD - Recommendations?

Options
  • 21-02-2013 1:04am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Fellow NCDers :)

I'm looking for recommendations for a beauty salon in or near Swords who do a good facial.

Key requirements:
    1. No dermalogica or Yonka, I'm severely allergic to both.
    2. No pink fluffy beauticians who chat away incessantly, I'm there for a facial, not to discuss my life.
    3. Cleanliness is important, I loathe dirty beauty salons and hairdressers.

Any suggestions? I'm flexible on location and willing to head up to Balbriggan/across to Sutton.

Essentially I want to go in, answer whatever questions about my skin, have my facial and leave, feel I've been somewhere who run a clean service, and do not feel the need to pretend they are my next best friend.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

My daughter says In Touch beside the Wright Venue is the type of place you're talking about. She has no link to it but has been there herself.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

My daughter says In Touch beside the Wright Venue is the type of place you're talking about. She has no link to it but has been there herself.

Thank you!

Just rang and had a chat with them there, they were lovely to deal with. They do only do Dermalogica, but went through different options with me, so I'll be having a patch test with them later today. If they are as nice in person as on the phone, I'll be delighted.

Thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Stheno wrote: »
    Thank you!

Just rang and had a chat with them there, they were lovely to deal with. They do only do Dermalogica, but went through different options with me, so I'll be having a patch test with them later today. If they are as nice in person as on the phone, I'll be delighted.

Thanks again :)
    I go to In Touch for everything. Love the staff. Hope the patch test goes well :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Blue Moon in Malahide do Decleor and are excellent. No affiliations, just a long term customer.

http://www.bluemoonbeautysalon.com/

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

I use Aura in Balbriggan, they are all lovely and seem respect it if you dont fancy chatting too much.
    I have used In touch also, they are good but i once got a full pedi with them that cost €60 or something and they charged me €10 to remove the shellac polish already on my nails.
    I wasnt told this until i went to pay. No big deal but i thought it was bad form to only tell me when i was finished.
    I tend to stick with Aura now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thanks for the recommendations, went to In touch for a patch test this morning, and was very happy with the place :)

Would never have thought of it myself!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I didn't even know it was there until my daughter went. Hope you enjoy the facial :)

Advertisement