Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 vs Premium

Options
  • 21-02-2013 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,967 ✭✭✭✭

My apologies if this has been asked loads already, but with a new PC i'm going to download this. Can currently get the base game for €9.99 on Origin, but wondering can i just download the maps seperately to the base game, or is the Premium Edition worth splashing on? I mainly want it for online, so don't really have an interest in the extra SP missions.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There are no extra SP missions, and each expansion pack can be bought separately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

My apologies if this has been asked loads already, but with a new PC i'm going to download this. Can currently get the base game for €9.99 on Origin, but wondering can i just download the maps seperately to the base game, or is the Premium Edition worth splashing on? I mainly want it for online, so don't really have an interest in the extra SP missions.

I got premium when it came out on the xbox and found myself rarely playing any of the expansion maps on it.Might be different on the pc, but my experience was that after the first week of a new map released the majority of people went back playing the vanilla maps, so found it to be a bit of a waste of money.
    Picking it up again on PC when ever funds actually hit my stupid paypal account but gonna wait to get the other maps as they're bound to drop fairly dramatically over the next month or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

You can always find a country where premium is cheaper and buy it there. I bought my vanilla BF3 in Russia and the Premium in Mexico. Paid like 1/3rd for it. Just use a proxy when making an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

premium 31 on g2play

it drops occasionaly cheapest i seen it was 17

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dreamers75 wrote: »
    premium 31 on g2play

it drops occasionaly cheapest i seen it was 17

It's €29.99 even on Origin currently. €34.99 for the BF3+premium.

• Advertisement
Advertisement