Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lombardo out of Slayer

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Give the drummer some

(money)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Lets just hope Lombardo is back by June!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Degag wrote: »
    Lets just hope Lombardo is back by June!
    No chance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

No chance
    Why do you say??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No chance

Yeah, it ain't gonna happen, and I'd live it to as going to both gigs.

The final nail would have been Dave going public

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

I would have to agree with scudzilla there. I don't think there's any way for Dave to come back.

Have a look at the Soundwave interview with Kerry and see if you agree:

Go back a couple of years and Kerry calls Dave the best drummer on the planet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

$La¥€R

You could've got the Lek and Rand in there :P

$£a¥€r

Two more currency symbols for the full wallet!

$La¥€R

You could've got the Lek and Rand in there :P

$£a¥€R - forgot to stick in the Rand!

If someone can figure out how to do the Cyrillic A (for the Serbian Dinar), it looks like we have the full deck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

McDave wrote: »
    $£a¥€R - forgot to stick in the Rand!

If someone can figure out how to do the Cyrillic A (for the Serbian Dinar), it looks like we have the full deck!

$£Д¥€R

symbolic wrote: »
    $£Д¥€R

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Has a familiar ring to it though, he did walk how many times before and so Kerry may feel justified in siphoning money off elsewhere but here's the thing, there are few in music who put more physical exhertion into their drumming in particular besides I saw dette drop a fcuking stick, of all thngs and I got the impression slayer have just lost the best for the worst... and seem pretty happy about it

I know he did an album with em, but it was punk covers with basic drumming and also holt, crowd favourite as he is he just can't replicate Hannemans tremelo abuse as it just doesn't sound like the tortured souls of holocaust victims

I think the wheels are coming off for Slayer, with two already missing but the vehicle was already within sight of destination: retirement so they're not bothered is just a pity they're going to put out one more record without hanneman it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Phew, got my tickets for the 2nd Dublin gig. Forgot about it over the weekend and I didn't expect it not to be sold out. I'll take whatever line up appears but hopefully Lombardo will be back, he's the one I really want to see in action.

Any support lined up yet?

Any support lined up yet?

If you know slayer fans, then support is not considered :D

- as far as I know there is none announced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Straight Outta Ganton

Slayer still kill. I hope Jeff is ok and Dave comes back.

They were certainly on form here. can't fault Dette either; seems to have slotted right back in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

They were certainly on form here. can't fault Dette either; seems to have slotted right back in

Sound from that camera is pretty horrible. I was at that show and trust me it was a hell of a lot better in person. Dette did an admirable job especially considering that he drummed for the Anthrax set beforehand and then only had a short break before hitting the stage again with Slayer. While there wasnt much talk out of Tom during the show he still looked to be enjoying himself. I've seen them twice before with Hanneman and Lombardo and while it was a bit odd not having them there this time I really cant fault their performance.

Advertisement