Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want greener grass !!

• 21-02-2013 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Morning,

I noticed this morning upon looking down from my bedroom window, that my next door neighbours grass was a much different green, a much deeper green than mine. Mine was dull looking in comparison.

Is there something recommended, that you've used before, that i can do to improve the look?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

The grass is always greener on the other side Slattsy. Anyway, thou shalt not covet thy neighbours goods.

But if you do then you should buy this book ...
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0903505487/ref=sr_1_1_olp?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1361444009&sr=1-1&condition=used

You just need to feed and maintain your lawn. This book has everything you will need for 1p + postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Dont give up the day job ;)

Just ordered that for a grand total of €5.00. :D
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Great book. Loads of other titles in the Expert series of books by the same guy, 1p + postage, if you are into gardening.
    Good time to get the lawn in shape too. Lidl/Aldi will have all the gear over the next while. Grass seed next Thursday

Some parts are patchy and i'll drop some grass seed on.
    Probably a bit early for seed though i'd have guessed?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Put grass seeds down around the middle/end of March.

You can buy a carton of Weed & Feed in any garden centre. That will keep the weeds down and also feed your grass.
    In a few months your neighbour will be looking over the wall green with envy.

/I'll get my coat....

• Advertisement

I immediately regreted starting this thread :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yellow is such an underrated colour.

plus, the obsession with a lovely lawn stems from english class sensibilities.

Advertisement