Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange SIGNET 100 Error Code - Any Help?

Options
  • 21-02-2013 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all. My alarm is a SigNET100. The panel has given an error titled "E-BUS Cable Fault" twice recently. Inputting the code clears the fault but i'm obviously a bit concerned that there is something crucial wrong/developing in the system. Googling the error text has not revealed anything at all really, nor does the manual mention this error in it's troubleshooting section.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Loose connection I'd say. Check your connections going into the controller.

Also, check your 1A1B 2A2B connections on your expanders if you have any.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 38 kev23f

Thanks Kenon. I'm a bit clueless on the home security side of things - the controller being the large sealed metal box in my hall i guess? And not the panel where i input codes etc?

Also, regarding the expanders, again i'm useless there, i'll need to do some more googling...

kev23f wrote: »
    Thanks Kenon. I'm a bit clueless on the home security side of things - the controller being the large sealed metal box in my hall i guess? And not the panel where i input codes etc?

Also, regarding the expanders, again i'm useless there, i'll need to do some more googling...
    Yep, the one in the metal box with all the wires going to it. You can get an e-bus cable fault if you take one of the comms wires (out of the ones going into the 1A 1B 2A 2B connectors) on a controller/keypad/expander.

I can only guess that it's simply a loose connection and nothing more serious.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

Thanks again - final question - the controller box is also branded with "Europlex Technologies", who i am told no longer operate as a business. I assume that this should not be a real concern and that this type of fault could be repaired by any licensed technician?

Europlex were taken over by Siemens. (Who are now in the process of selling off their security products portfolio anyway) A licensed technician would have no issue fixing this fault.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement

Great, thanks again kenon.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the connections are all good sometimes you need to power the system down & up again to clear this fault.
    Do you have the engineer code to this panel? If so you could try going to EBus in the menu & rescan.

ah, thanks koolkid. I didn't realise this was an option. I'm not sure if i have the engineer code, i'll check if the installer scribbled it in the manual that was left, but i dont think i have it.

Advertisement