Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Low resolution frontend

• 21-02-2013 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭

Anyone got suggestions for a decent frontend running at low resolutions ? Using groovymame connected to TV and struggling to get a decent frontend setup at resolutions below 640x480.

So far have tried Mala & Hyperspin..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Can Hyperspin not be set to that resolution through HyperHQ?

I have it set that way as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

What what I've seen when testing Hyperspin on a 20" 15k arcade monitor with a ArcadeVGA card, it will just scale to the screen resolution that your display is set to once you have Hyperspin setup for fullscreen rather than window mode. It looked really well from what I remember. This weekend I will hopefully be setting up Cidermans BAS cab with a Hyperspin PC so can report back again.

So......who's got a full dump of hyperspin stuff?
    what sort og gigs we talking?

urbanledge wrote: »

Will check that for you tonight if I think to do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Was getting a bit of screen flicker at 640x480 so dropped down a bit further but the Hyperspin themes looked crap to be honest, I'm totally hopeless at any artwork type stuff so hoping to find a nice suitable theme ready to go :)

Maximus Arcade does seem to get good reviews so might try that.

Setting up groovymame is a pain though and my TV can't maintain sync at low resolutions which doesn't help but when it does work it looks class.

• Advertisement

Maximus is mad handy to set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I use hyperspin @ 800x600 using arcadevga
    I've had numerous TVs hooked upto this setup using rgb in through scart and never had any problem, what ways the tv hooked up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

VGA-SCART cable, using Calamity's modded ATI drivers to generate the 15KHz.

Ah its a crappy old Grundig, won't sync with most of the resolutions generated and the damn thing is starting to pincushion a bit now so not looking good for it :(

urbanledge wrote: »

Had a quick check for you. Between wheel art, themes and movies you're looking at 30gb. And that's just the minted stuff.

There is a mountain more of the above contributed by members.

Thats not bad at all.
    I'll loook into it over the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

21" black diamonds are fairly common work great @800x600
    Down in Ikea recycling there are loads to choose from, mostly around the weekend, but theres usually 2+ 4:3 tvs there

Advertisement